+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Balance is subjective. Never forget that.

Soulwalker

Default Balance is subjective. Never forget that.

I just clicked on the class forums, and all I see is questions/compaints/QQs about balance.

Just remember that Rift is a new game, it doesnt have to maintain the same balance that other mmorpgs (*cough* wow *cough*) have. Throw all your pre-existing ideas of what "balanced" is, and play rift for what it is.

Theres nothing inherently wrong with there being a calling/soul that simply does the most damage. Thats not "broken" thats simply a fact of the game at the moment.

Instead of "bring the player not the class", rift has callings which are broad enough that each one will be useful regardless of balance, and souls that are narrow enough that they are impossible to balance, yet also unneccesary to balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Squishums View Post
    I just clicked on the class forums, and all I see is questions/compaints/QQs about balance.

Just remember that Rift is a new game, it doesnt have to maintain the same balance that other mmorpgs (*cough* wow *cough*) have. Throw all your pre-existing ideas of what "balanced" is, and play rift for what it is.

Theres nothing inherently wrong with there being a calling/soul that simply does the most damage. Thats not "broken" thats simply a fact of the game at the moment.

Instead of "bring the player not the class", rift has callings which are broad enough that each one will be useful regardless of balance, and souls that are narrow enough that they are impossible to balance, yet also unneccesary to balance.
    Nerfnow comic has a fairly good example of how 'balance' is all subjective.

http://www.nerfnow.com/comic/470

Perfect example really =p

+ Reply to Thread