+ Reply to Thread

Thread: For the people saying their classes suck.

Rift Disciple

Default For the people saying their classes suck.

Try playing it for more than a day. You might like it.
    Acerbitas - 50 Warrior/Prestige Rank 3 - <Gross Negligence> - Imperium
    Champion/Paragon/Vindicator.

Acerbitas - 40/64 Blackguard - Eltharion.
    Acerbitas - 80 Deathknight.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineaxis View Post
    People are whining because it's easier to type text on a forum than gain skill in a game.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Acerbitas View Post
    I have the opposite problem. I think all the classes are full of win, makes it hard to keep leveling one consistently.

I really enjoy them all - though Warrior is my least favorite only due to play-style (they still rock and are fun to most).

Trion did a really nice job with this

I just picked a different class.

I play a full blown Chloromancer. My class definitely does not suck. I'm not even bothering to use any other roles... I have all the tools I need to solo, rift hunt, dungeon delve, all in one class.

I'm loving Riftstalker tanking lately myself.
    NB while more standard roguish just has a flavor thats different yet similar.

Alot of the souls while similar in theory end up FEELING massively different. So really its more about people playing the souls and finding what style they like.

Rift Disciple

Yeah I'm loving the Champion. Just all these threads of people getting to level 10 or 15 and saying the class sucks or they have no burst. 20+ is where the magic happens at a minimum.

People are whining because it's easier to type text on a forum than gain skill in a game.

Some people just like to complain
    Maybe he just wanted to steal our wire cutters. You ever think of that?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Acerbitas View Post
    These are the people that hate the demo (AKA the Beta).

I'm loving everything about this game, to include the crazy amounts of Rifts everywhere.

Every soul has synergies with another soul, it's just gonna take time for me to figure out what goes best with what.

Soulwalker

I think there are some exceptionaly bad cases such as the shaman. The shaman class is centered around massive blow; however, massive blow BLOWS at early lvl's. Now this being said I am maining a shaman and am going to tough it through, but for right now massive blow is just another crushing blow and is macroed into one button. I do wish they could have moved atleast one of the HUGE talents that buff massive blow down in the tree and moved the on crushing blow chance to refresh the cd of massive up in the tree, but whatever they dont pay me to design classes for them

Quote Originally Posted by Ethicz View Post
    I think there are some exceptionaly bad cases such as the shaman. The shaman class is centered around massive blow; however, massive blow BLOWS at early lvl's. Now this being said I am maining a shaman and am going to tough it through, but for right now massive blow is just another crushing blow and is macroed into one button. I do wish they could have moved atleast one of the HUGE talents that buff massive blow down in the tree and moved the on crushing blow chance to refresh the cd of massive up in the tree, but whatever they dont pay me to design classes for them
    I don't really get the 'tough it out' mentality. Some of these souls are such a blast, gotta experiment some. I was finding Champion a bit uninspiring in the high teens, switched to riftblade, had a ball for a few levels and have now come back to Champion in the early twenties when it is starting to become amazing.

So much variety, shaman isnt going anywhere.

Shadowlander

I don't really get the 'tough it out' mentality. Some of these souls are such a blast, gotta experiment some. I was finding Champion a bit uninspiring in the high teens, switched to riftblade, had a ball for a few levels and have now come back to Champion in the early twenties when it is starting to become amazing.

So much variety, shaman isnt going anywhere.
    I did the same only the switch happened at 13 and switch back is at 18, PvP promoted it but I find once again I really enjoy it. Specially now that I've mixed riftblade second instead of paragon makes it more manageable and able to do so much more damage.

You know...for me I need something that I can get into right away.

In World of Warcraft that was the Hunter, and then the Death Knight. I liked those classes. The Paladin was another choice, but I went with Hunter.

In Rift I have to say I have not found *that* combination that feels right.

All of them are nice...but they are either too slow to damage, or they lack survivability.

The Pets don't hold Aggro the way the pets in World of Warcraft did, so choosing a Pet Class isn't the same.

There is no real similar Death Knight class. The Reaver is poor single target. With the Death Knight I could switch to Blood Spec and have lots of heals, and powerful single target DPS as well to get through world content.

So there is more flexibility in the classes, but the progression just doesn't seem to be there. At Level 50 I am sure it will all come together, but the thing is in GETTING to 50.

I haven't played a class to 20 yet, and the reason is none of them feel 'right'. I end up stopping and thinking to myself I should try something else.

Rift Disciple

I'd say the only problem with finding a class you like as much as a DK is they are, or atleast were OP when I played WoW. Especially when they came out.

+ Reply to Thread