+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Training

Plane Touched

Default Training

I did not play in any of the betas and all of the test characters I have made since the headstart have not progressed very far level-wise. As such, I am curious what I can expect from training abilities long-term, especially in regards to pets.

From what little I have experienced it seems that you can train your abilities every so often (how often I have not been able to figure out). How much you can train seems dependant on how heavily you invest into a soul tree.

For example, If I spend only a few points in the Ranger and purchase all available training for my Razorbeast its level will still eventually fall behind my own and rendering it essentially useless at higher levels.

This seems like a logical assumption since it prevents you from obtaining greater benefits in a soul you only dabbled in. Is it a correct assumption though or could I actually invest only a few points into Ranger and still have a Razorbeast whose level is the same (or close to) my own even at level 50?

So if anyone can educate me on this I'd really appreciate it.

Soulwalker

If you have the ability you can train it. It doesn't matter on how much is invested in the soul tree.
    All abilities have certain ranks to it and each rank just matters by your character level.

The ranger example you've given is because the Ranger starting pet maxes at a certain rank which locks it at lv30. If you were investing in ranger a Ranger would have greater razorbeast at around lv24. The greater razorbeast can go to lv50.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by TheNeoianOne View Post
    If you have the ability you can train it. It doesn't matter on how much is invested in the soul tree.
    All abilities have certain ranks to it and each rank just matters by your character level.

The ranger example you've given is because the Ranger starting pet maxes at a certain rank which locks it at lv30. If you were investing in ranger a Ranger would have greater razorbeast at around lv24. The greater razorbeast can go to lv50.
    The complete solves any dilemma I had about investing in the Ranger soul. Thank you so much.

+ Reply to Thread