+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Nerf Healers?

Exclamation Nerf Healers?

I am the #1 DPS in WarFront, making 20k damage.

The top 3 healers are consecutively making:
    56k healing (between 3 and 8k damage)
    45k healing (between 3 and 8k damage)
    41k healing (between 3 and 8k damage)

Only 21 players die in the warfront from both factions.

This is stupid.

Nerf healers and healing in general. There is no spike/burst damage whatsoever and a few healer can heal the entire 10 people.

Thank you!

Default Hardly

Did you know that a Chloromancer is also one of the top healers and often near the top of the charts? Do you know why?

1: They get contrib from DPS
    2: They get a double dip contrib from healing from their DPS at the SAME time.

I'll play a Chloro any day vs the cleric and wipe the floor with them.

1: Chloro do BOTH DPS and HEALING at the SAME exact time.
    2: Healer can ONLY DPS or Heal.
    3: While the Chloro is damaging the cleric, they are also healing themselves, meanwhile the cleric is busy trying to heal themselves and have little time for counter attack.

Example:

Chloro HP - 1000
    Cleric HP - 1000

Chloro attacks for 100 dmg, and gain 80 of that back in healing.
    vs
    Cleric does 100 dmg and receive ZERO healing back

Repeat 10 times

Chloro HP - 800
    Cleric HP - Dead

Chloro attacks 10 times and cleric is dead. 1 on 1 VERY FEW classes can kill a Chloro.

Chloro is certainly the most OP right now as you simply cannot kill them.

I've taken on a group of 3 people and beat them all because they simple could not put out enough DPS to keep up with my healing and meanwhile I am killing them.

I use a Elemental / Chloro / Warlock.

Elemental adds extra crit + spell dmg + pet helps
    Chloro - Main class
    Warlock - a few points to up the DOT / HOT

So next time you think clerics are bad, go up against a chloro and you will change your mind quickly.

The ONLY class to give me a hard time was a JUSTICAR because they have the same ability which heals them as they do dmg as well.

However Justicar = 25% Heal, Chloro = 80% Heal, so by the numbers chloro will always heal more per hit.
    Last edited by Reynen Starfyre; 02-26-2011 at 09:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtort View Post

This is stupid.

Nerf healers and healing in general. There is no spike/burst damage whatsoever and a few healer can heal the entire 10 people.

Thank you!
    Cause you know they couldn't be healing multiple people or using HoTs while you're hitting one-two people at a time right?

Faerie pets throwing hots, hots thrown on people, splash heal.

You sir don't understand how easy it is to get MUCH higher healing then people do damage wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtort View Post

This is stupid.

Thank you!
    The game is NOT centered around 1v1 and if you have problems killing a healer, I hate to say it but you need to learn tactics and work as a team.
    I play a healer and against a good team I die very fast; there are many CC's that can keep a healer down.
    Now if you are against a full team of healers...
    Last edited by Delphya; 02-28-2011 at 07:58 AM. Reason: Er.. left out a NOT :(
    I don't like mean people, rude people and people who are not nice.

Herp Derp : 1. An expression used when you yourself, has done somthing extremely stupid and dopey. 2. A phrase said by idiotic morons who think they are cooler then they actually are. *Dictionary definition

Yea can also agree as someone who is always in the top 3 dps on his team, that healers make warfronts very frustrating and, two healbots can pretty much cancel out an entire team of dps, and having to bare though a game where the other team has one and you dont is about as one sided and unfun as a game can get.

Got annoyed to the point that I decided to go PvE only for now..

*edit*

On a side note, I think I might try going VK and solely targetting the other teams healers and see how that works for me in one last ditch effort to enjoy low lvl warfronts.
    Last edited by zebus; 02-26-2011 at 10:19 AM.

Damage and healing doesnt say anything in warfronts. There is no way to watch the scoreboard and see how much uptime someone have, how many healers where cc'ed? none, ok that may be why the healing was so high. Did you focus the same target or did your group do little dmg to everyone letting healers use hots to heal everyone. There are just so many factors that does not show up on the scoreboard.
    If you win you did a good job, if you lose... find a premade and play better.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    Damage and healing doesnt say anything in warfronts. There is no way to watch the scoreboard and see how much uptime someone have, how many healers where cc'ed? none, ok that may be why the healing was so high. Did you focus the same target or did your group do little dmg to everyone letting healers use hots to heal everyone. There are just so many factors that does not show up on the scoreboard.
    If you win you did a good job, if you lose... find a premade and play better.
    Not going solely by the scoreboard, going by the fact nobody died unless they were a lone wolf away from healers. And its not premade so of course there isnt optimal focus and cc, but premade or **** logic to counter healers is flawed and impactical to most players. I mean right now normal people are getting a few warfronts inbetween questsnor leveling between queues, not going tryhard mode for lowbie warfronts..

Quote Originally Posted by zebus View Post
    Not going solely by the scoreboard, going by the fact nobody died unless they were a lone wolf away from healers. And its not premade so of course there isnt optimal focus and cc, but premade or **** logic to counter healers is flawed and impactical to most players. I mean right now normal people are getting a few warfronts inbetween questsnor leveling between queues, not going tryhard mode for lowbie warfronts..
    So you want to **** healing balance in general because of a few random low level warfronts? Seriously, hit 40+ and THEN come back to us and say healers are overpowered...by then alot of souls have access to cc and healing debuffs and, in the hands of a competent player, can totally shutdown a healer or two for the entirety of the game.
    "Die and be free of pain, or live and fight your sorrows" (Auron, FFX)

Quote Originally Posted by Preyzz View Post
    So you want to **** healing balance in general because of a few random low level warfronts? Seriously, hit 40+ and THEN come back to us and say healers are overpowered...by then alot of souls have access to cc and healing debuffs and, in the hands of a competent player, can totally shutdown a healer or two for the entirety of the game.
    Not saying it should be balanced, I'm just complaining because right low lvl warfronts if you dont have healing buttons and you get on the wrong side of whats is typically going to be a very one sided encounter (usually defiant, since the same psycological or genetic trait that draws people to be pvp healers also seems to draw them to choose guardian as their race, some studies should be done on this and published in journals imo), it is just not enjoyable at all.

*edit*
    While as stated it is too late to make balance changes without backlash, fact remains that in my experience, basically all warfronts end in the team with the most healing winning in my personal experience.. independent of dps preformance.
    Last edited by zebus; 02-26-2011 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zebus View Post
    Not saying it should be balanced, I'm just complaining because right low lvl warfronts if you dont have healing buttons and you get on the wrong side of whats is typically going to be a very one sided encounter (usually defiant, since the same psycological or genetic trait that draws people to be pvp healers also seems to draw them to choose guardian as their race, some studies should be done on this and published in journals imo), it is just not enjoyable at all.

*edit*
    While as stated it is too late to make balance changes without backlash, fact remains that in my experience, basically all warfronts end in the team with the most healing winning in my personal experience.. independent of dps preformance.
    Wait until upper levels when the dominators and VK's are draining healers of mana and everyone is screaming for heals and your rogues have to help out as bard (they don't have the awesome flash heals of cleric but they can help).

Just enjoy low level for now and roll a cleric on defiant, I'm sure healers will need all the help they can get

Plane Walker

healers are broken until more people get access to healing debuffs. they become less effective at 32+, but are definitely very broken before then.
    Last edited by zeroburrito; 02-26-2011 at 12:12 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Delphya View Post
    The game is centered around 1v1 and if you have problems killing a healer, I hate to say it but you need to learn tactics and work as a team.
    I play a healer and against a good team I die very fast; there are many CC's that can keep a healer down.
    Now if you are against a full team of healers...
    This game is not Centered around 1 vs 1, it never was ment to be, even the Devs say so,

Its partly true that alot of classes dps got lowered which makes killing the enemies harder when theres heals.

Another thing is, if your team arent doing Focus targets its very hard to kill also

Banned

Are you really in here complaining about heals, mr level 15?

Healers aren't some nebulous force in a team. You see the guy casting a heal, do something about it. Hitting the warrior in your face trying to wtfpwn you when he's being focus healed by 1+ healers is exactly what you shouldn't be doing.

Learn to play.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by zeroburrito View Post
    healers are broken until more people get access to healing debuffs. they become less effective at 32+, but are definitely very broken before then.
    Not really. The 32+ thing demonstrates how ******** CC is in this game and 1-click "lol i made the cleric useless" it is, the < 32 thing shows how PvP would be IF IT REQUIRED SKILL.

The ridiculous CC (not unlike WAR in how disproportionate it is compared to counter-CC capabilities) suddenly requires a healer to pretty much outplay you in every aspect of the game to maintain the status quo, and that's that healers shouldn't be free kills. All you have to do is remember where 1 more skill is on your keyboard.

Telaran

in both the 10-19 and 20-29 bracket a good dominator on a team will still be able to shut down enemy healers to the point they will want to rage quit, a good archon on the friendly team can stop enemy dominators from messing up healers so it balances out, one of the main issues is there is a ton of people who want to be dps or solo play and doesn't think of trying to support.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast