+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Seeking class recommendations - ranged preferred :)

Telaran

Default Seeking class recommendations - ranged preferred :)

Hi all,

So I'm planning on stopping WoW for a bit and going for a lil' change in scenery and flavour, and so I was wondering if I could get some advice and recommendations on what classes/specs should I try out.

For starters, I played Mage (pyro/ele) and Rogue (marksman/ranger) on the beta, to around lvl 20-25 and really liked it. I play a Hunter and Warlock on WoW and found them the most enjoyable, but it seems that MM and stuff from rogues got nerfed, so would they still be viable? What about mages' lock/necromancer builds?

Many thanks in advance

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Dreks View Post
    Hi all,

So I'm planning on stopping WoW for a bit and going for a lil' change in scenery and flavour, and so I was wondering if I could get some advice and recommendations on what classes/specs should I try out.

For starters, I played Mage (pyro/ele) and Rogue (marksman/ranger) on the beta, to around lvl 20-25 and really liked it. I play a Hunter and Warlock on WoW and found them the most enjoyable, but it seems that MM and stuff from rogues got nerfed, so would they still be viable? What about mages' lock/necromancer builds?

Many thanks in advance
    Marks are indeed viable, don't worry about the "nerfs", it was beta and some classes were slightly stronger than intended. They're all pretty much on par these days though IMO.

Anyways to answer your other question, Mages are also very fun and a good class. As something a little different, you can have a healing soul tree with a Mage that can make you a viable main healer in groups. So that's kinda different than what you'd be used to. Necromancer/Warlocks are also good IMO (and actually a good compliment to the Chloromancer healing tree) - one of my chars has that setup and it works really well.

Don't get too caught up in "if its a Rogue/Mage it has to be dps". Its not like that in rift. I personally had a hard time with that and had to get my mind wrapped around Rogues can actually main tank and mages can actually main heal. Its not overally common but you have great flexibility here. Warriors can't really heal, Rogues can't main heal (just group/buffs) and Mages can't tank.... Clerics can basically do all 3 but I think not as well as the others besides healing ofc. Im not overall sure on that one as Im just trying the Cleric now and will soon have my 4th level 10 Once I get them all there I'm going to decide which to take to 50. You dont really ever need more than 4 classes total, until they make new ones anyways lol

Good luck!

Telaran

Cool, thanks for the input.

I've checked out some talent trees and it looks like I've narrowed down my choice to either Clerics (inq especially) or Rogues (MM). I will try out both I think, they seem pretty cool. I'm leaning towards Clerics more though since they can offheal and aren't as weapon dependent as rogues?

Soulwalker

Look into Sab/MM or Sab/Ranger.

Sab doesn't depend on a specific weapon but does require a weapon of some kind. Mixing it with a bow using class lets you use the Sab abilities at range. Many of them are instant abilities, which makes you very mobile.

Telaran

Ok, I went with a inq/sent/ward cleric spec, and I must say, I'm loving it bigtime (lvl 19 atm). Really wanted to try sab/ranger too, so I'll definitely have that in mind in the future. Thanks again for the input

+ Reply to Thread