+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Do clerics get compensated for healing in rifts?

Default Do clerics get compensated for healing in rifts?

Does anyone know? I've healed or DPS'd in rifts in both beta and head start and always earn more loot when I was solely DPSing as opposed to healing.
    Guardian | Cleric | Aedraxis

I do freelance design work ~ message me for a quote

Soulwalker

Not at all! Stop healing and reroll rogue! Just kidding . Ofcourse you compensation. Healing is equally important to DPSing. You can see this on the prefomancemeter.

Soulwalker

I noticed this with my guild group we had going, the healers though they healed us, say 5 man group the rift events didnt notice their contribution without joining public groups

So if you are in a small leveling group, merge into public when doing rigts and events, tag some players so your contrib is up, and use some dps here and there on a boss and you will get the same rewards

It took a day or two for me to figure that my generous cleric healer who always heals me, was not getting the same rift amount as me cause we kept our group private doing the rifts

Soulwalker

I've not tried just healing, but classes that can do both dps and heal at the same time seem to have an advantage. On the beta, with my chloro / warlock / domi, I always got great rewards unless it was a lower level minor rift, since I nuked mobs while healing everyone at the same time, and right now with my justicar, just dealing my laughable dps (which heals the raid for a bit) and casting the AOE heal a few times, I get nice rewards.

Meanwhile, my girlfriend, who played a ranger on beta and still plays one, gets low contribution and low rewards while dealing pretty good damage, at least triple of mine, even when she AOE's a pack of mobs. So healing seems to get good rewards, at least while dps'ing a bit too.

Cheers.

Edit: by the way, forgot to say that everytime I join a public group I needed to recast Lifegiving Veil on my chloro, and reparation (I think...) on my Justicar, since it didn't heal the public group / raid unless I recasted those buffs. Had to recast them again when grouping back with my girl, then again when joining a public group, etc etc... a bit annoying since sometimes I forgot to recast and my damage didn't heal anyone.
    Last edited by Hugorer; 02-26-2011 at 05:07 AM.

Kyr
    Soulwalker

The key to doing well in rifts with a healer is to target through the mob and heal more than just your group. I always duo with a rogue buddy of mine and we never join the public group, and I've yet to not get a blue shard on any major where I was able to participate for the majority of the rift.

i can get gold contributions fine with my triple healing soul build, even if I just heal my group of four or 5

Precept
    Gaming in the Multiverse

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Independence View Post
    Not at all! Stop healing and reroll rogue! Just kidding . Ofcourse you compensation. Healing is equally important to DPSing. You can see this on the prefomancemeter.

Yes we get compensation. However it is much lower than compared to DPSing.

People should start joining public groups and merge them. It sucks to be healer and having 5 people in my group.

Rift Disciple

Your loot is based on contribution.

Contribution is based on buttons clicked.

Spam click stuff...if you have nothing to heal, nuke some crap. If you're just healing and waiting to find people to heal, you're hurting yourself. You need to constantly be spamming stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Cacodaemon View Post
    Yes we get compensation. However it is much lower than compared to DPSing.
    This isn't true at all. I'm Sentinel/Purifier/Warden and I heal the crap out of everything and always have a full performance bar and lots of loot.

I've found one trick - if the meter isn't acknowledging that you're healing, tab target a mob and fire off one offensive spell. Then go back to healing. It's probably a bug, but sometimes the game doesn't realize you're there doing your thing until you pop a quick facesmack to something.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugorer View Post
    ...but classes that can do both dps and heal at the same time seem to have an advantage....
    Oh, so true. On my Justicar, if I'm also group healing, the meter just spikes up.

Though I think tanks in general probably have and advantage on rifts just due to the nature of the role.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebalance View Post
    Your loot is based on contribution.

Contribution is based on buttons clicked.

Spam click stuff...if you have nothing to heal, nuke some crap. If you're just healing and waiting to find people to heal, you're hurting yourself. You need to constantly be spamming stuff.
    Yeah though doesnt matter if its instance or not.

Precept
    Gaming in the Multiverse

Rift Disciple

As a Saboteur, it is possible to never get in combat, never hurt a mob, never get hit, and never heal anything and always get top contribution. I've been known to do it. I'm just following the rules.

General of Telara

I hope this gets addressed really, really soon. This was complained about quite a bit in beta, and it's still the same ridiculous broken loot distribution system.

I get two or sometimes even three times more planarite by nuking on my cleric instead of healing a raid. I don't heal anymore.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast