+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: There are FAR too many slows and knockbacks

Plane Touched

Default There are FAR too many slows and knockbacks

In PvP, there needs to be a diminishing return. Period.

Edit: to clarify; any ranged rogue that doesn't have sab in PvP is gimping themselves, and since at least half of any warfront will consist of rogues, there is very little time where you aren't walking through or around a bomb.
    Last edited by Something; 02-25-2011 at 10:16 PM.

Angry

Wait let me get this right?
    FAR TOO MANY?

Anyway, this isn't wow don't expect DR and that crap. It's a whole new battlefield. Don't ***** if you can't adjust. Time to bulk up on skill.
    PVPimpin' Ain't PVEasy!

Holla Holla Get Dolla

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by mtndew View Post
    Wait let me get this right?
    FAR TOO MANY?

Anyway, this isn't wow don't expect DR and that crap. It's a whole new battlefield. Don't ***** if you can't adjust. Time to bulk up on skill.
    Don't talk ****. Skill has nothing to do with it when you are a class without a speed increase or ranged abilities being affected by a 70% snare.

DR isn't a wow-specific idea, it is an idea that is used to balance abilities between pve and pvp. It is not the only idea - many games also make abilities have largely different effects between the two.

Asking for balance changes does not deserve a "go back to wow" response; learn to argue with rationality, not absurd pith.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Something View Post
    Don't talk ****. Skill has nothing to do with it when you are a class without a speed increase or ranged abilities being affected by a 70% snare.

DR isn't a wow-specific idea, it is an idea that is used to balance abilities between pve and pvp. It is not the only idea - many games also make abilities have largely different effects between the two.

Asking for balance changes does not deserve a "go back to wow" response; learn to argue with rationality, not absurd pith.
    While your right it doesn't deserve a "go back to WoW response" most people are sick and tired of asking for balance and every 4th thread seems to have a similar topic. The sooner you get that not all classes will be balanced around 1v1 (and furthermore, they won't actually cave in to the forum posters) the sooner you will start really enjoying rift. All classes are viable and some classes have more "tricks" than others.

You're complaining about knockdowns/stuns... another poster complains about Saboteurs... another complains about Clerics, another complains about Riftblades... do you see the pattern????

The above poster was right, buckle up and get used to the mechanics... adapt - have fun - stop queuing as a PUG - things will go much better.

Shadowlander

It means you've gotten yourself into a fight you can't win, trying to pvp with a spec that can't deal with snares and roots. Not every build is pvp capable, just like you can't tank with a healing justicar build. If you have no ranged attacks, or way to deal with snares, why are you pvping like that? You're ignoring the primary tool of pvp, and that's not a failing of the system, that's a failing of your planning. You know the threats, spec to deal with them.

Playing my Justicar in Warfronts, I get snared or stunned like 90% of the time. Even with the pvp Break Free I get snared all the time. They know if they don't snare me I will rip into the crowd. So I look at it this way, if they are focusing all that stuff on me it will free up my team mates.

Overall it don't bother me that much, I have my own stuns and slows as well.

Rift Disciple

DR's are just base level pvp balancing. To try to rationalize otherwise is idiotic.

Mark my words, unless Trion flat out says they WON'T do it we will see DR's implemented eventually.

CC chains even WITH DR made WoW pvp horrible.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Stayonboard View Post
    While your right it doesn't deserve a "go back to WoW response" most people are sick and tired of asking for balance and every 4th thread seems to have a similar topic. The sooner you get that not all classes will be balanced around 1v1 (and furthermore, they won't actually cave in to the forum posters) the sooner you will start really enjoying rift. All classes are viable and some classes have more "tricks" than others.

You're complaining about knockdowns/stuns... another poster complains about Saboteurs... another complains about Clerics, another complains about Riftblades... do you see the pattern????

The above poster was right, buckle up and get used to the mechanics... adapt - have fun - stop queuing as a PUG - things will go much better.
    I didn't mention 1v1. I specifically mentioned saboteur subspec and I spefically mentioned warfronts with multiple rogues. Slowing bomb has a big radius, and lasts 8 seconds with a 15 second cooldown. 2 saboteur-using souls (with zero points in them) can keep snare up on an area permanantly.

Where does this cause imbalance? One very good example is in Fang of Regulos. With co-ordinated rogues it is literally impossible for clerics in particular to keep up with a running fang - and while other classes can keep up, they cannot live without healing. Rogue picks up fang, phases out, drops bomb, partner drops second bomb, the rest of the team now cannot re-catch that target. Repeat ad infinitum.

I don't expect every soul to be pvp capable, but I am not talking about any particular soul. Do you think I should not be pvp capable as ANY cleric soul? And I am not even saying I am not pvp capable, I am saying that in specific circumstances, one particular ability is overwhelming to at least clerics, and I have no idea how much mobility warriors or mages have to get out of snares either. Snare breaks don't work, because the snare is ground targeted. If you can honestly (and not pompously or snivellingly) tell me you enjoy a style of pvp where most players spend most of their time running after an opponent under the effects of a 70% snare, then I sure hope that this ends up not being the game for you, because if that is the intention then it certainly isn't the game for me. Telling me to adapt or just get used to it tells me that either you don't actually understand what I am saying, or that you are masochistic.

I don't particularly care if you are tired of threads asking for balance, that isn't my problem. If I see an imbalance in the game, I am damn well going to make a thread on it, and justify that thread. If you don't want to read threads about game rebalancing in a brand new game that hasn't had the iterations of older games to get that way yet, then get the hell off the forum - now is likely to be the most imbalanced time that this game will ever experience.
    Last edited by Something; 02-26-2011 at 08:14 AM.

Shadowlander

I didn't mention 1v1. I specifically mentioned saboteur subspec and I spefically mentioned warfronts with multiple rogues. Slowing bomb has a big radius, and lasts 8 seconds with a 15 second cooldown. 2 saboteur-using souls (with zero points in them) can keep snare up on an area permanantly.

Where does this cause imbalance? One very good example is in Fang of Regulos. With co-ordinated rogues it is literally impossible for clerics in particular to keep up with a running fang - and while other classes can keep up, they cannot live without healing. Rogue picks up fang, phases out, drops bomb, partner drops second bomb, the rest of the team now cannot re-catch that target. Repeat ad infinitum.

I don't expect every soul to be pvp capable, but I am not talking about any particular soul. Do you think I should not be pvp capable as ANY cleric soul? And I am not even saying I am not pvp capable, I am saying that in specific circumstances, one particular ability is overwhelming to at least clerics, and I have no idea how much mobility warriors or mages have to get out of snares either. Snare breaks don't work, because the snare is ground targeted. If you can honestly (and not pompously or snivellingly) tell me you enjoy a style of pvp where most players spend most of their time running after an opponent under the effects of a 70% snare, then I sure hope that this ends up not being the game for you, because if that is the intention then it certainly isn't the game for me. Telling me to adapt or just get used to it tells me that either you don't actually understand what I am saying, or that you are masochistic.

I don't particularly care if you are tired of threads asking for balance, that isn't my problem. If I see an imbalance in the game, I am damn well going to make a thread on it, and justify that thread. If you don't want to read threads about game rebalancing in a brand new game that hasn't had the iterations of older games to get that way yet, then get the hell off the forum - now is likely to be the most imbalanced time that this game will ever experience.
    Clerics have an immunity to snare and root at a higher level in one soul. And nothing is preventing your team from snaring people too. I fail to see a problem.

Ascendant

adhesive bomb really should be nerfed or moved further up.

Don't balance a PVE game around PVP. Easy enough.

They could implement an alternate rules set for PVP though.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by never831 View Post
    Clerics have an immunity to snare and root at a higher level in one soul. And nothing is preventing your team from snaring people too. I fail to see a problem.
    You cannot snare the enemy rogue who can phase where they like with the fang.

Which snare immunity are you talking about? I hope you don't mean break free (2 minute cooldown at best, doesn't work on ground aoe snares) or Bulwark of will (cc immune for 10 seconds/2minutes).

Maybe one of the other cleric souls has snare immunity that I haven't seen yet.. but it isn't in a healing tree, so if it is higher up the soul what you are saying is that if we want to spend less than 100% of the time snared we can't heal?

You're right. What's the problem?

Champion of Telara

such skills should not have that low cd, they should be specific.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Stimuz View Post
    adhesive bomb really should be nerfed or moved further up.
    Bingo. Ground AoE 70% snare for 8 seconds on a 15 second cooldown is RIDICULOUSLY OP for PvP for a zero point ability. It isn't that useful in PvE - give a single target snare in its place and move it futher up.

Adhesive Bomb is fine. If you're getting perma snared, you need to get some kind of escape tool.

Haseno
    "Victory goes to the player who makes the next-to-last mistake."
    I love my comma's, deal with it, chump.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast