+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Adjust Mana regen back to beta's 1-3, we just want to play! :(

Default Adjust Mana regen back to beta's 1-3, we just want to play! :(

Beta 1-3 Mana regen during combat was fine you could go a whole raid without running out of mana at level 20.

Now I can't go a whole pull as a cleric whether I'm tanking, melee dps, or Ranged DPS.

I wouldn't mind so much that we ran out but MP Potions are on a 3 minute cd which is fine pots should be long cd but they shouldn't be so necessary as they are cause our MP is gone and Clerics especially get such few and underpowered Mana regen skills that it's a joke. With Melee I know you can get eventually both mana regen skills for shammy and justicar, but caster classes are left out.

What makes it a problem is that Warriors and Rogues do not share this issue. They have 100% energy that regen's really fast.

Why not give us Fast Regenning Mana? You had this in your original plan, I don't know why you decided to change it devs but it was a bad move.

You seem to like the whole quick regen thing for other classes just not mage and cleric.

All this does is slow gameplay down heavily to the point of frustration and lack of fun. Nothing sucks worse than in the middle of a boss fight not being able to participate or help your raid or group cause your out of mana. Or you have an epic fight against some opposing faction and end up having to just stand there like an idiot and die cause you ran out of mana or they used their insanely OP mana drain that we have NOTHING to counter... Or being in an instance and running out of mana on a big pull and being stuck there auto attacking.

All issues Warriors and Clerics do not share.

So Please Devs level the playing field and increase our Mana Regen. It wont break the game, we are already MORE than possible to kill in pvp without having our mana drained. We simple just want to play the game and need our Mana to do so.

So Mages and Clerics show your support for this and let the devs know here you want your mana Back!

Best Regards,
    -Kes-

Youtube: Subscribe to my sexehness!
    Sunrest RP-PvP Server

Champion of Telara

because in pvp its too much.
    i dont mind they buff mana regen in pve instances tho

Mages have no excuse for running out of mana, ever; it's so overloaded with mana regeneration talents it's hard to actually make yourself run out if you're decently pacing yourself.

Can't speak for clerics, though. Could get imbalancing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Player0ne View Post
    This thread screams, " I'm glad healing is getting nerfed..now please dont quit healing us."

I agree with OP. Pre-20, its so hard to get contribution in a big boss Invasion fight because - as a mage - I run out of mana halfway through. My contribution slowly trickles away while I wait for some mana to hit a spell. Everyone else is going crazy around me.

Because of this, I'm forced to have Warlock as one of my 3 souls. It's not a huge sacrifice, lock being full of passive buffs that help a lot of other souls, but the entire point of Rifts class system is to play what you want.

At later levels, 25+, you do get other mana regen talents aside from the warlock, or necromancer's soul consumption. Yeah Pyromancers have increased mana regen in grounding, Doms get a mana wrench, Archons get mana back on crits, Ele gets a charge->mana. But we can't utilize them as PvE levelers until later on.

IDK, just my two cents. It isn't too hard to find a mana regen talent, but it sucks when everyone else can get contribution without sacrificing anything.

Chloro/Lock/Ele Ele/Arch/Chloro Necro/Lock/Dom SC/Ele/Chloro

Plane Walker

it's impossible to run out of mana as a mage.

Soulwalker

It seems at some point, maybe beta 5, that wisdoms contribution to mana regen (at least for clerics) gets noticeably reduced around level 18. So lower mana regen + increased cost to use abilities as you level them = insane healer. It's definetly manageable, but sucks to have to pop pots during minor encounters and still have to drink aftewards.

Shadowlander

I agree with the OP, something is out of whack with the mana regen, especially for the clerics as all their healer souls have next to no regen options. The issue is not so much how fast mana goes down, but that it then takes forever to go back up without a potion, drink or regen ability. In pvp the problem is all the voidknights and dominators running around draining your entire pool in 5 seconds. In pve its more an issue of long fights, e.g bosses. The downtime and super low regen is a little ridiculous, even with super-high wisdom.

Shadowlander

If your a mage and you're running out of mana you're just bad and ignoring your mana regeneration and preservation abilities.

Clerics should only be having issues if they are using group heals or getting mana drained.
    Last edited by killername; 02-26-2011 at 12:02 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by killername View Post
    If your a mage and you're running out of mana you're just bad and ignoring your mana regeneration and preservation abilities.

Clerics should only be having issues if they are using group heals or getting mana drained.

Don't you think it's a little annoying though that you're getting pigeonholed into taking certain souls just for regen? This game was supposed to be about character flexibility.

Mages at least have more options (although most choose warlock as it's the only soul with synergy with just about all the others... sad), but for clerics there simply are no good regen options in their heal souls. Do all the people who want to play pure cleric healers really need to build a hybrid with a significant point investment in a melee or range dps soul just to get a half decent mana regen?

And yes, the issue is completely about getting drained in 5 seconds in pvp. In pve you don't have to worry about this and its pretty easy to manage your pool.

+ Reply to Thread