+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Which non-cleric class has the best survivability?

Rift Disciple

Default Which non-cleric class has the best survivability?

Hey guys,

Just like the title asks - in your opinion(s) which class/souls has the best survivability?

The only reason I exclude Clerics (who obviously are one of the best) is because my leveling partner will be using a cleric so I want to play something different.

If it matters - the 3rd person in our group is MM/Bard/Ranger (I don't know if that really makes a difference since its a very different class)

Any opinions or suggestions? Rolling on a PVP server, and I always enjoy classes that can stay alive a long time, regardless of their DPS (IE: I don't really care about the DPS as with multiples in the group things die fast anyways)

Im thinking about Warrior (maybe Pally/Reaver?) or Mage (Chloro/Warlock)

Any advice welcome!

Plane Touched

Bard/Rift/Sabo you can heal yourself while attacking and with the rift souls you gain access to 30% extra healing received + warps to get out of danger. Sabo gives you a nice GTAoE CC tool (70% slow)
    Chloro/Lock/Domi gives you a massive healing while attacking ability and squirrel. With infinite mana at 6 lock.
    Necro/Lock/Domi mostly the same reason, once you get soul purge you can heal yourself and your pet at the cost of charges instead of mana. With locks souls you'll generate a lot more charge and gain access to a few more DoTs. + Squirrel.

Soulwalker

Hi Stayonboard,

to my mind the best survivability has the warrior.

Besides, if you go with a cleric and maybe a ranged dps, the warrior fits perfectly!

You play the tank, the cleric heals you and the rogue does damage.

Don't mind about which souls you take. When it comes to serious stuff, you will have al lot of callings, soul combinations.
    So you will adapt. If the cleric goes full healing and there is a support bard, you might want to take a very offensive high dps warrior.
    If the cleric takes an offensive mage-like calling and the rogue a dps-style you could use a defensive calling. It's just a button away.

A mage wouldn't fit perfectly but it's viable. The cleric could tank and there is the ranger's pet. But you would be pidgeonholed. There is just one cleric soul, that can tank und just one mage soul, that can heal. You both would miss alot of the fun that way, if you mainly play in that party.

paladin/raver/vk
    yes your toons from beta will be deleted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rift Disciple

Thank you all kindly for the advice, I appreciate it!

I think based on that I'll have to roll with a Warrior May I ask how they fare in PVP? Sorry if that's obvious or a stupid question - Im new to the name and don't really know much of anything ;) I plan to play a ton of Warfronts - I got into a few in beta and really enjoyed myself. Also rifts + Invasions ofc is always fantastic.

Thanks you kindly!

Plane Walker

solo i would say bard then chloromancer. in a group setting warrior.

Telaran

Ranger... hands down. Long as you keep the heal on your pet. He will easily tank 3 mobs and hold aggro while you mow them down.
    http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-rift/244_0badbb8e69c78381.png

+ Reply to Thread