+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can I change souls or once I pick I'm stuck with them?

Soulwalker

Default Can I change souls or once I pick I'm stuck with them?

Like if I go Rogue and then pick Ranger,Marksman, Assassin.. and I decide I want Assassin,Bladedancer,Nightblade down the line.. can I do that? Thanks

at 12 you can unlock other souls and buy other roles to build different roles which you can switch back and forth from

To give you an example
    I have these souls available to choose: justicar, inquisitor, warden, purifier, sentinel or druid.
    I started with only three. I then quested and picked up new ones. I can create up to 4 sets, each set with three souls.
    I dps from one set, out-of-combat switch to another set and heal.
    Last edited by PWNPlayer; 02-25-2011 at 01:33 PM.
    Go forth and do, just blogging about it is the same as inaction.

Soulwalker

I just bought a new "role" but I cant get it to allow me to switch things around outside of the 1st one. Can you help me with this or link me to something that explains it, I can't find it anywhere on the site.

Soulwalker

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by PastrySandwhich View Post
    I just bought a new "role" but I cant get it to allow me to switch things around outside of the 1st one. Can you help me with this or link me to something that explains it, I can't find it anywhere on the site.
    http://telarapedia.com/wiki/Role

"4Roles are purchasable from trainers. These are sets of souls that you can activate at any time. When purchased, the role is empty and you must choose 3 souls. The amount of skill points you have from your level will be available to place into these souls. At every level you will gain a skill point in every role. You are able to have 4 separate roles. Each additional role that you buy costs more.
    [edit]
    Cost of Roles
    1st role - Free
    2nd role - 30
    3rd role - 395
    4th role - 2195"

Ascendant

I played around a bit with roles but I'm not 100% sure how they work.

I understand that once you complete all the quests, you can basically set up 3 other "builds" for your character, that you can use for different purpose ( duels, large scale pvp, dungeons, and so on ), or in case you messed up when picking your first souls and want something different.

But can you reform your next roles, assuming you mess up ( again )?
    I'm mostly worried about a class getting a game changing nerf or buff at some point, and then I'd want a new build, but all my roles are already used... Is it possible to change the souls of one of your role?

Your class trainer at any point can reset your souls so you can repick them for any specific role.
    A man always has two reasons for doing anything: a good reason and the real reason.

You can only change the souls in a given role if there are 0 points spent in that soul. Have your trainer reset your points and then you can swap out the souls as you wish.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvan View Post
    You can only change the souls in a given role if there are 0 points spent in that soul. Have your trainer reset your points and then you can swap out the souls as you wish.
    Oh - that's how you do it! I was wondering the exact same thing as the OP but I didn't have such an option... I bet my points weren't reset at the time.

Ill give that a try next time, thanks for the info

Shadowlander

Where do you do the quests to get the new souls?

Soulwalker

I found the quests for the extra souls in the major city in freemarch (defiant) i think its call median, so i guess if your guadian its in your major city equalivant

Shadowlander

Well for Guardians they are in Sanctum, probably 1st major city for Defiant as well.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by JuicyJay View Post
    Where do you do the quests to get the new souls?
    If you play guardian, you can get the quests in the sanctum, need to be level 13 or so.
    I didn't find the guy for the defiants yet, but I assume you have to be a similar level.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvan View Post
    Ok so basically you have no way to screw your character forever? You can always make new souls combo?
    That's great news, because I hate having to start a new character when I already have lots of gear, because I messed up my build

+ Reply to Thread