+ Reply to Thread

Thread: i loved my enhance shamy in wow! anything close to this in rift

Soulwalker

Default i loved my enhance shamy in wow! anything close to this in rift

I loved playing an enhancement shammy in wow, and want to know if there is any combo that would be close to this, i love meellee, and the buffs and a little healing here and there for longer survivability, not too mnetion sum mad burst dps,

any help would be greatly appreciated. im just sick of all tje kids in wow,

I would say to try going as a Cleric with a Shaman/Druid or Druid/Shaman. As far as the best third soul I would say go with the recommended combos but I only played mine to level 17. Perhaps maybe someone who has played them more would know better. I would say check out the Cleric Forum for more info about what combos work well.

Soulwalker

First off, mad props for the enchance shammy love. Best spec in WoW imo :x
    Secondly, the shaman tree in this game is very melee oriented. But it does work quite a bit diffrently even then. I don't think you'll be able to achieve the same effect but with the right soul combo you can come close.

Fortunately direct class comparisons to WoW are rather difficult given the wide range of roles and combinations. Offhand there are two comparisons that are rather close to what you might find in a Shaman in WoW. Riftblades combine melee combat with sword and shield usage, including spell damage and ranged attacks. Also, Shaman in RIFT are melee combatants who use elemental damage to charge their attacks. In that respect, they are both close to what you might be looking for. As a Shaman, you can throw in some other Cleric souls to get more CC or heal abilities, thus making you even more like your WoW counterpart.

The great thing about RIFT, if you let go of all your expectations of what a class should be and what it should look like, is that you can virtually customize any class role to operate however you want it to. None of that "You are a protection paladin, so you are going to be like 99% of other protection paladins" cookie-cutter crap. Its all about whatever you want out of your character, and how to balance the different aspects you want.

Shadowlander

Closest I think would be a shaman + druid + any healing soul, e.g. warden.

Shaman are higher levels have massive burst. Forget druid dump your points into shaman. Massive strike mmmmMMMMMHHNNNMMM burst. There's relatively no healing but you get a shield. Be happy. You get jolt too. Ohhhnnnnn yessssssss. Mgmgnhbmn put all your points in shaman UUHJJ AHHHH
    PVPimpin' Ain't PVEasy!

Holla Holla Get Dolla

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by torrock View Post
    I loved playing an enhancement shammy in wow, and want to know if there is any combo that would be close to this, i love meellee, and the buffs and a little healing here and there for longer survivability, not too mnetion sum mad burst dps,

any help would be greatly appreciated. im just sick of all tje kids in wow,
    My class combo feels much like my wow shammy (elem) and i am feelig very nice about the dps issue.

Mage and spec stormcaller, then warlock , then dominator

-stormcaller has the lightning spells and the "standard" shammy fell (onlu missing lava lash etc but this is easy to ignore with the other spells you got) and this class will be one of the best dps calsses in longer fights due to the constant build up og debuffs you place and the spells you cast that react with thoose debuffs.

-warlock was just for personal fancy
    Gives me a halfway devent heal while dot`s tick, have gone far enough into the tree to get the first Fear talent.

Dominator-
    For the CC sheep.. or in this case a squirrel..

esh.. nwm me... did not notice ENHACNE... shammy in the op text...
    Last edited by seraphius; 02-26-2011 at 02:43 AM.

Soulwalker

Default ty for the replies,

yeah, i went with the shammy/druid build, my thrid i was kind of torn, so i just went with warden, i just love to meelee but also like to throw a few ranged bombs every now and then, or just have enough heals to get to hell out of dodge if i'm geting beat down, the sheild works really well for this btw! i am liking the change though,love the whole rift part of the game, where we just jump in the frey and just click join public, makes it really fun,

again, ty for the replies, i'll be making a few more tunes i'm sure, i loved my rogue too, backstabbing mofo!

and for you mmo gamers like me, playing the bard in EQ, i like this option to play a bard again, only thin i didnt see is an option to play a monk, ? ddidn't see anything close, maybe i was missing sumthing,

Plane Touched

I'd actually say that the Riftblade is closest to enh. Shammy, with either Champion (old-school 2h enh) or Paragon (new-school dw enh) as a secondary spec.
    Faeblight - Defiant: Ghaeleah, Eladria, Mala, Danoria, Azshannya
    Estrael - Guardian: Reah, Shilania, Kethrah, Tulania, Azshannya

Shadowlander

I've been playing a Shaman, and it's very similar to my wow enh shaman except for the fact that I use 2-handed weapons instead of dual-wielding, so it's closer to the vanilla enh shaman.

I've been putting most of my points into Shaman, secondary is Justicar for self-heals, allows me to solo very well. I started with druid as a third soul and 0 points, but I find the pet lacking after level 25, so I switched to warden for the hot. With the hot, the justicar salvation self-heal procs, the shaman self-heal procs and frozen shield, I end most fights with 95% health. If I am against harder or multiple foes, I can start using the justicar melee ability and spam my self heal doctrine.

It's a lot of fun.

Telaran

I also played an enhancement shaman in WoW through Burning Crusade and the Lich King expansions. (Druid in Vanilla WoW). I loved the enhancement shaman gameplay.

Honestly, what reminds me the most of enhancement shaman is Nightblades. Some ranged attacks, some meele attacks, with a strong focus on elemental damage, as opposed to physical. You can mix that with Assassin and Bard souls and probably get what you're looking for. Plus, they dual wield like Enh Shammy. I'm a sucker for a class with Dual wield.

I did play a Shaman/Druid in beta though. I liked that combo a lot as well, but that reminded me more of a mix between an Enh Shammy and a Ret Pally. Still a fund combination though.

+ Reply to Thread