+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help! Too indecisive on what to play!

Soulwalker

Default Help! Too indecisive on what to play!

I'm the kind of guy who is too indecisive on what class/class combo to play as.
    I prefer soloing but also enjoy being useful to group play at times. So I'm trying to decide what to play as. I plan to play as all 4 main classes, but no clue on what to choose for the three sub classes.
    Looking for some opinions with explanations here on good soloing combos for all 4 class builds. Thanks!

My comments here on mage and cleric, both of which I got to mid-20s in beta (which may prove nothing, as by Gloamwood the game was already beginning to change from the way it plays in 10-20): http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ve-suggestions

Mage solo seems to be less durable but can do faster damage; cleric solo is nigh unkillable if you pick your skills/heals right, but may take a lot longer to kill something.

If I were trying to PvE solo a rogue I would probably need to go ranger/pet, not one of the stealth/assassin types.

I don't have much interest in playing a warrior because the buzz I've gotten is that they are built to tank, tank, tank and do nothing but tank in this game; but now eighty people will tell me I'm wrong, so here is your grain of salt.
    D_B: In other words, the internet happened.

Soulwalker

Thanks for the tips. I played a warrior and yeah they're basically all tanks from my expierience. As long as I had a healer I was fine

Yeah I'm a terrible atlaholic but hoping that the ability to swap souls and roles will keep me going on one character a lot longer.

+ Reply to Thread