+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Suggestion concerning squirrel (dom trans)

Shadowlander

Default Suggestion concerning squirrel (dom trans)

I'm hearing a LOT...of complaints about dom's squirrel. Granted, it's powerful, yes. I think the problem isn't that it's powerful, but that how easy it is to gain access to it. It seems everyone and their mother grabs dom as their third soul just to nab the freebie squirrel. It's crazy powerful because anyone can get it.

Why not just move the squirrel ability to be higher in the dominator tree so it's only available to those who dedicate themselves to CC? Otherwise, it'll be EVERYwhere. If you just simply nerf it, it'll be nerfed into near uselessness due to how easy the ability is obtained. They'd have to nerf it into the ground where not everyone would even want to bother with it.

Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by RpTheHotrod View Post
    I'm hearing a LOT...of complaints about dom's squirrel. Granted, it's powerful, yes. I think the problem isn't that it's powerful, but that how easy it is to gain access to it. It seems everyone and their mother grabs dom as their third soul just to nab the freebie squirrel. It's crazy powerful because anyone can get it.

Why not just move the squirrel ability to be higher in the dominator tree so it's only available to those who dedicate themselves to CC? Otherwise, it'll be EVERYwhere. If you just simply nerf it, it'll be nerfed into near uselessness due to how easy the ability is obtained. They'd have to nerf it into the ground where not everyone would even want to bother with it.

Just a thought.
    I think its fine the way it is. (Yes im a pvper and no I don't play a mage).

Quote Originally Posted by RpTheHotrod View Post

Just a thought.
    I was actually surprised it wasnt higher in the tree during beta. If it were moved up a bit, I would have no problem with it. I dont view it as under or overpowered. Just might add some uniqueness to those that choose that path.

I am a mage and plan to CC.

1. There're about 15 different souls that can dispel it;
    2. There're about 20 idiots in WF who spam AoE and break it instantly;
    3. In OWPvP, Mages dominate.

Squirry is (untalented) a 2s cast time, 15s cooldown spell with no added perks (e.g. even an untalented fart will break it).

To get squirry to the overpowered tool of domination it is, you need to invest (i think) 17 points at least, to get insta cast, no cooldown, unbreakable until ~10-30% damage done, +50% damage received on next hit, +50% casting speed to dominator.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    Squirry is (untalented) a 2s cast time, 15s cooldown spell with no added perks (e.g. even an untalented fart will break it).

To get squirry to the overpowered tool of domination it is, you need to invest (i think) 17 points at least, to get insta cast, no cooldown, unbreakable until ~10-30% damage done, +50% damage received on next hit, +50% casting speed to dominator.
    Don't forget you also get mana burn on the way. Dominator is pretty much must have for all PvP Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Brota View Post
    Dominator is pretty much must have for all PvP Mages.
    which is exactly what it shouldn't be
    Last edited by Inixia; 02-25-2011 at 05:07 PM.

+ Reply to Thread