+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Solo pve suggestions?

Soulwalker

Default Solo pve suggestions?

Looking for good combos for each class: Warrior, Cleric, Rogue, and Mage...for solo pve play. I play in a group with friends and family, but also want a character I can go solo when I am feeling slightly anti-social, LOL. Suggestions??

I have a druid/shaman/purifier spec thats fantastic. You do good damage, have good armor, healing skills, and a pet. I've played beta since the first beta, and throughout all of it, and playing last night, its the best I tried.

I think we should just take the warning labels off of everything and let evolution do it's work. Weed out the stupid people.

Soulwalker

Default Solo Pve

Quote Originally Posted by moirae View Post
    I have a druid/shaman/purifier spec thats fantastic. You do good damage, have good armor, healing skills, and a pet. I've played beta since the first beta, and throughout all of it, and playing last night, its the best I tried.
    Thanks, I will give that a try!

I've had good luck so far (only as far as low level 20s though) with druid/justicar/sentinel, which gets you soloability plus a number of good heals including at least one group heal for when you're in a rift. (Remember that very few "heal your ally" skills are actually ally-only; for many of them you can use them on yourself as long as you select yourself first)

On the mage side I had a lot of success with chloro/ele/warlock (I think it's warlock, it's the one with Life Leech). You do end up spamming your heals skills a fair bit but you can also often nuke things so fast that it doesn't matter). Actually I picked chloro for survivability and it turned out to be the weak link - if I tweak this it may turn into ele/warlock/something else ....
    D_B: In other words, the internet happened.

General of Telara

Im using Inq/Warden/Sent

You wont die...EVER!

Soulwalker

Default Suggestions...

Thanks Love the suggestions. Will play around with them and see how they feel.

Soulwalker

Im not sure what archetype you prefer but seeing as you're in the rogue section i would suggest

*Assassin/riftstalker/saboteur.

I spent 31points in assassin then 16 points or so in riftstalker for the survivability options, the rest of my points into saboteur for range dps options.

I have tried many many different builds and this one gives such a nice solo lvling experience I couldnt go back to the others. Stealth, Heals, a good slow, very good CC, relatively decent dps and an Iwin panic on a 2minute cd. Perfect for a solo levelling process.

EDIT: This is not the Rogue sub-section, my mistake, sorry.
    Last edited by TonsOfFun; 03-11-2011 at 09:20 AM. Reason: I just got up, still sleeeeepy zzzz

Ok... I've been playing that spec a while, and I have to say that they must have nerfed something big time in the last week because suddenly things that I could kill with ease, are now kicking my butt time after time.

I created a warrior character. So far, thats much better. Riftstalker/Palladin/Beastmaster combo.

I think we should just take the warning labels off of everything and let evolution do it's work. Weed out the stupid people.

I'll put my vote in for Mage: Necro/Warlock/Dom. But this one really only comes into it's own between 16 and 22. (16 being when you can get Soul Purge, and 21-22 being when you can get Ancient Tomb (upgraded pets) and Feign Death) It's pretty tough to solo at early levels with the rogue pet and no pet heals.

Eventually, you'll get the Warlock's fear if you put all your extra points in Warlock. Then you can solo most any single mob in the open world. Dom's squirrel helps for adds. If nothing else, FD and try again.
    Last edited by Xenon; 03-11-2011 at 12:41 PM.

Soulwalker

Default All good suggestions!

Thanks everyone. I will have fun trying these out. Happy gaming!

Anything but a non-pet mage.
    Foxxy [Warrior], Foxy [Mage], Moiraine [Cleric]
    <Silent Epidemic> Estrael-Defiant. 100% Vent Free Guild.
    Web Site | Recruitment Thread

Telaran

Inquisitor/Justicar/Sent...You're a walking health battery that can do 3+ mobs at a time...Great for Exping and Rifting...

Sword of Telara

Rogue, Bard up to 30ish, then go Bladedancer/riftstalker, even wiht the bonus heal nerf its still amazing, no down time, quick kills, aoe ability..... its a really great levelling spec.

Faw

For solo leveling and bonus is you will own pvp I used Rogue Sabby Ranger MM. Dumped as deep in the sabby tree as I could with ranger to add hp to the pet. Was awesome but after about 35 you have to respec as the pet cant hold aggro anymore and unless you go 24 in ranger to get the upgraded pet, he never will so you become a squishy bomber and die a lot.
    But its hard to beat the dps and pet tank combo for solo up to then..35.

+ Reply to Thread