+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Soloing an Entire Rift and Rift Boss = Impossible?

Plane Touched

Question Soloing an Entire Rift and Rift Boss = Impossible?

1) Don't even think that Reaver/Paladin can do it since once they don't have a fresh supply of mobs to leech from once the Boss spawns.

2) Bards can't keep up with dmg/heals

3) Necro/Warlock, spells are going to get resisted.

A Justicar might have a shot at it. Especially if they're into Sentinel to get the insta-heal.

I solo'd entire rifts in Beta all the time...Minor rifts. As for Major...unless you're way over level I think the boss hits way too hard to handle on your own. Even the elite regular mobs seem to hit a bit too hard to solo.

I've soloed plenty of minor rifts on my nightblade/riftstalker/bladedancer rogue in the beta

Rift Disciple

minor rift is easily soloable. did it many times with my storm/chloro/ele. major rift, you might might get the first 2 levels. maybe

Rift Disciple

I can do major rifts if I'm double the level of the rift... does that count?

Rift Master

I assume they where minor rifts, but i soloed a bunch on a reaver/paladin/riftblade. They where elite mobs with elite bosses and they dropped blue stones that you needed for the better gear (corrupted or something).

You get items to fight planar mobs all the time. I had a ton of self healing and pretty good mitigation and great tanking cooldowns... add to that a green gem if there is one... and a good healing potion... and one of the good quality items that damages the mob and heals you the same amount... and it happens.

Soulwalker

as a Necro/Warlock/Dom I'm able to solo minor rifts pretty easy. Skeletal Stalwart grabs everything and soul purge keeps him healthy.

Rift Chaser

The one time i got a minor Rift to myself in Beta I cleared everything except the last bonus stage... which had 2 elites (this was one of the death rifts in Gloamwood). Seriously needed a hand with that one, although in the end two of us duo'd it (after a couple of painful failed attempts).
    Yes, I have a blog. I even update it from time to time

Originally Posted by TheHangman:
    In Rift, PVE raids you!

Soulwalker

As a Reaver/Paladin/warlord, I soloed rifts all the time from 25+ in alpha. I could clear bonus stages on minor rifts. The last boss would pose a challenge here and there. As for major rifts, I was able to pull off one, being 3-4 lvls above it, and I was not able to even start the bonus stage.

Now, even soloing these rifts, it only produced 20-50 plantire in the 25's, green shards here and there. Rare shards were indeed rare, I think I got one out of 30.

Telaran

As a Pally Reaver I have soloed a couple of major rifts at 32, but that was only because there were lots of minion mobs around the rift that I could AoE heal off of.
    Last edited by Mithicor; 02-25-2011 at 10:32 AM.

Rift Chaser

chloro/lock/ele's also good for solo'ing anything and everything
    Last edited by Aggrosamurai; 02-25-2011 at 03:33 PM.

An intelligent player could do this with any class. Or do you want us to nail the build and tactics for you, op?

Another solution would be roll on Whitefall. There, you will NEVER have to solo a rift, even at 6 pm cet.

what counts as an entire rift? like through 5 phases (major or minor rift?) or just until the third or fourth phase and a time runout?

A reaver/riftblade I've seen was doing pretty beast with a major one...
    Last edited by Inixia; 02-25-2011 at 06:04 PM.

XiL

NecroLock = 100% solo anything but world event bosses and raid instance bosses.
    I was banned for 5 days for triggering the chat filter. I win the internet again.

http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=617285&dateline=13177  10094

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast