+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Please help me decide, its driving me nuts.

Default Please help me decide, its driving me nuts.

Hello there

I will go straight to the point,i cant decide between calling and class i want to play. What i desire is strong melee DPS,which has some survivability,can escape few CC and is somewhat fast or can get to enemy pretty fast (charge,stealth). Im mostly aiming towards late game PvP(with possibility to kill something solo) and instances,if its about PvE leveling i can always respec to something range or AoE and then rest back.

Now i cant decide between Warrior vs Rogue. Im afraid that in future if i will want to go to instance as DPS warrior people will prefer rogue's a and i will be left out.
    Also i heard Warrior got some bad nerfs and is less powerful.

So far i tried paragon as main soul and damage is somewhat weak compared to rogue...also champions hit like kids (until lvl 30 i assume,need to see how 2h specialization works out).

Please help me decide,what would be better for some melee pvp/instance dps runs,warrior or a rogue? And which souls,i though about paragon or champion for warrior and bladedancer or assasin for rogue.

Mind that im not looking for some OP class,anything thats viable in pvp if You put enough effort and skill to master it will be enough.

Thanks in advance.

Decide it like this:

Warrior will be forced to tank eventually and if you don't want to do that, don't roll it.

Rogue can always play as dps and bit of support.

Bleh...so it will be like WoW? No chances for good DPS amount from warriors in dungeons?

Soulwalker

Eh considering as a tank in wow u had the option to DPS, its not quite like that. From what i've seen so far you dont necessarily have to be a tank if u go with the warrior roles. I dont see why you wouldn't be able to dps spec and let another soul tank. Atleast from the lower dungeons, it didnt seem like you really needed the cookie cutter group setup.

Rift Disciple

The Rogues have more variability.

A rogue can be a very good dps (assassin, saboteur or marksman)
    A rogue can be a little tank (riftstalker)
    A rogue can be a very good supporter (bard)
    A rogue can be an excellent ranged class (marksman, ranger or sometimes nightblade)

A warrior can't be a very good supporter, because the warlord isn't a true good support class.
    A warrior can tank everithing (paladin, reaver, warlord)
    A warrior can be a very good dps in pvp (champion or riftblade, sometimes paragon)
    A warrior can obtain some ranged skills (riftblade or paragon)

The warriors have more defence and more hp, the rogue have more damage skills (because some rogue skills deal more damage than the warrior skills) and obtain more "bastard" skills to kill your enemy XD
    (\_/)
    (-)
    (><) <------This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

+ Reply to Thread