+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: So I picked rogue and maybe not enjoying it as much and now being told rogue is the..

Unhappy So I picked rogue and maybe not enjoying it as much and now being told rogue is the..

So I picked rogue and maybe not enjoying it as much and now being told rogue is the best... Not sure if I should really listen to that. But is there any other classes that might suit me?

I want to solo solo and chop chop and never die. Yeah I know might be impossible to live forever but you get what I mean. I like a strong solo class that might be very chop chop and less casting slow heals and such. Is there a such thing?

Also what do you do when comes to pvp/rift battles. I tried a very low level warrior in beta forgot what it was but I recall rift battles was just pathetic because I never made it in for enough hits and always scored bad. But my ranger could sometimes at low levels get 15-30 the tokens and like 1-2 as a warrior haha.
    Check Out My 2017 Let's Play Series (Giveaway Every 5th Episodes 1/5/10/15/etc)
    Cleric - 2017 -Starting from level 1 Zone to Zone exploring / Questing.
    Old Content:
    Cleric - 2014 | Warrior - 2013 | Random - 2011

if you want to hit hard, have decent armor and heals ... be a cleric (no i'm not saying they are uber or overpowered and myself love my riftstalker, but cleric would be what the OP wants)

Justicar/Shaman/Purifier or something along that line ...

Quote Originally Posted by romanparavicini View Post
    if you want to hit hard, have decent armor and heals ... be a cleric (no i'm not saying they are uber or overpowered and myself love my riftstalker, but cleric would be what the OP wants)

Justicar/Shaman/Purifier or something along that line ...
    I hear a lot of people saying riftstalker and assassin?

This could go on forever LOL
    Old Content:

Soulwalker

If you don't like rogue then forget what other people are telling you.

Go Cleric (Shaman/Justicar sounds like what you want) or Warrior.

Every class can solo. Mages can't chop chop. You will live forever if you don't act stupid and try to solo Rift bosses >5 levels above you.

TBH you sound like you'd enjoy a dps warrior most, try Champion/Pally

I was deadset on Rogue for months prior to head start. After playing the classes more i find i am liking Cleric more.
    There is 3 kinds of people in the world: Those who can count and those who can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Kane Hart View Post
    So I picked rogue and maybe not enjoying it as much and now being told rogue is the best.
    Just play what you like. Don't worry about what people say is the best..
    Find a class that suits your playstyle and get good with it.

Riftstalker is the only rogue soul that is balanced across the board without major strenghts or weaknesses. You won't have stealth though, which kinda defeats the rogue ideea, tbh, but it seems they make better warriors than warriors themselves.

I have to say that for leveling I am utterly enjoying my Ranger. It is not unkillable, but it is very survivable with the pet.

You can pair it with Bard,or with Riftstalker for some healing back. Riftstalker has a talent in the second tier (so after level 10 I think) that will give you back health for each combo point the enemy has left on them when they die.

Bard has Cadence which heals while you do damage (so about single attack heals of 24 to 40 in the lower levels. Basically look at the amount of damage you do with an Auto Attack and add say 12 to it, that's what you will get in healing ever few seconds) along with Motif of Regeneration which gives about 30+ healing every few seconds as well.

With the two, your survivability should be good. When you hit 20 I think you can switch things around however you want to if not just continue with the combinations.

Assassin has a health leech power higher in its tree which gives you health back when you attack. If you pair Assassin with Riftstalker and Teleport into battle to get the buffs from that...AND use your Riftstalker healing AND this Assassin health leech power you are pretty survivable as well.

The Justicar takes a relatively long time to kill things. Compared to Rogues and Warriors, Clerics take longer to kill things and normally with more effort involved in my very limited experience.

Soulwalker

Ive run riftstalker/assassin and its a pretty solid combo. Stealth is fairly low in the assassin tree so its not that difficult to get. I added sab as the 3rd soul for a little range and its working very nicely so far.

A build I played around with in beta is a Justicar/inquisitor build. It gives you the defense of the justicar and DoTs from inquisitor to supplement damage. The contempt talent makes your Vex DoT heal you back for 90% of the damage done. It was a fun build, especially in BGs, but I never made it very far so Im not sure how it would do at higher levels.

Soulwalker

DPS warrior sounds like you, more armor, and Paragon is consistent damage.

Soulwalker

Do Bards suck in PVP?

Shadowlander

Nothing is really the best, it's more about how you like to play. Might want to look at a melee spec cleric. Decent melee dps with insta cast heals/hots and defense. Pve wise my cleric could survive twice as much as any other calling could.

Quote Originally Posted by never831 View Post
    Nothing is really the best, it's more about how you like to play. Might want to look at a melee spec cleric. Decent melee dps with insta cast heals/hots and defense. Pve wise my cleric could survive twice as much as any other calling could.
    Sounds fun but how they for running out of fights like say your in danger? Also what are they like in pvp? Can they also last long or do they tend to get one shot hehe.
    Old Content:

Quote Originally Posted by Mehleh View Post
    Do Bards suck in PVP?
    Not if you have a few brain cells alive and healthy...certainly one of the most essential souls to any premade group composition (*hint hint*).
    "Die and be free of pain, or live and fight your sorrows" (Auron, FFX)

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Kane Hart View Post
    Sounds fun but how they for running out of fights like say your in danger? Also what are they like in pvp? Can they also last long or do they tend to get one shot hehe.
    They really don't have many escapes but your surviveability tends to make up for it. I only got to 20 as a cleric and melee was okay. I think it doesn't scale well with going higher level and you'll never do as much damage as a pure dps type. No one really gets one shotted and healers are arguably the hardest class to kill in pvp. I'm not sure I would recommend melee cleric in pvp but maybe some clerics who made it higher in beta would have insight.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast