+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Too many rogues?

Default Too many rogues?

Got to ten on two servers (pvp) and I am seeing A LOT of Rogues (mostly rangers). I had really wanted to play a rogue but do you think this enormous population is going to cause problems later on?

Soulwalker

Default re:

Who knows who cares play what you think you will ENJOY

you can play meele rogue or bard i dont think there wont be a problem coz of too many of some class

General of Telara

not everyone will reach 50 with that rogue and not everyone will stay ranger.

Ranger is good for solo pve.

Think alot of players rolled a ranged rogue because they saw how they facerolled through the low lvls in beta. Reality will hit alot of them at higher lvls when things even out more and reroll :P

Rogues will probably be one of the most popular classes, but I don't think that should stop anyone from playing the soul they really enjoy the most. Plus, if there are tons of noobie rogues around, you'll shine that much more if you learn to play the class well.

Plane Touched

A lot of people like the assassin and ranger/marksman class types from other games. They are both in the same calling... Also the same calling can do: mdps, rdps, support buffing debuffing healing, tanking.

Plane Touched

Rogues are always popular in pvp server, a lot of noobs want stealth to gank ppl doing quests and think they are good.

Plane Touched

yea, but what really surprised me on a pvp server was teh lack of clerics or healers in general..and thers way more warriors then rouges on stonecrest ppvp at least

Quote Originally Posted by stormz View Post
    yea, but what really surprised me on a pvp server was teh lack of clerics or healers in general..and thers way more warriors then rouges on stonecrest ppvp at least
    Whereas I've been surprised on three shards now (two beta one headstart) at the very high number of clerics ... although cleric is so versatile in this game that I'm betting a lot of them were NOT there to do heals, at least not at first. I know a lot of clerics are probably doing "solo build to the top, then change to group healer role."

There were complaints throughout betas 5 and 6 about the lack of healing in public rift fights, so when I run into a rift I generally try not to damage and heal instead. But since I have an all-purpose sort of soloing build, my group heals are not astounding. Even so. Every little bit helps.
    Last edited by EccentricFlower; 02-25-2011 at 12:53 PM.
    D_B: In other words, the internet happened.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

That's funny because I noticed yesterday that there were significantly less rogues than there were during the beta. At one rift with about 20 people there was not a single rogue and very few mages. There were about 9-10 warriors and 5-6 clerics though.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Amokery View Post
    That's funny because I noticed yesterday that there were significantly less rogues than there were during the beta. At one rift with about 20 people there was not a single rogue and very few mages. There were about 9-10 warriors and 5-6 clerics though.
    You are correct sir. I know a few guilds with many MM/Rangers who played rogue specifically for the bow and ended up all rerolling to cleric or warrior.

Shadowlander

I dont know if there are too many rogues, hell, i have 3 rogues i will be levelling on the same server, same account, just different specs and trades. OK, so i like rogues. You can never have too many.

+ Reply to Thread