+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Attention bad players we cannot deal with a warrior that has ranged attacks

Shield of Telara

Default Attention bad players we cannot deal with a warrior that has ranged attacks

You know how a flame spear is hiting you and your hp is plummeting, well its not because of flame spear, its because of fiery burst, rift surge, rift storm, AND flame spear all hiting you at the same time, which takes a large build up time to get all stacking onto off one person, one ability even has a 3 min cooldown

The sooner you realize this the sooner you will understand why trion is not nerfing flame spear but infact buffed it

And you must learn this isent the MMO you came from, like WoW or EQ2, warrior can and will melt your face

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Bejita View Post
    You know how a flame spear is hiting you and your hp is plummeting, well its not because of flame spear, its because of fiery burst, rift surge, rift storm, AND flame spear all hiting you at the same time, which takes a large build up time to get all stacking onto off one person, one ability even has a 3 min cooldown

The sooner you realize this the sooner you will understand why trion is not nerfing flame spear but infact buffed it

And you must learn this isent the MMO you came from, like WoW or EQ2, warrior can and will melt your face
    You spelled "isn't" wrong. I rarely post and scoff at the language police, but I almost spit out my coffee when I saw this one.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Interbane View Post
    You spelled "isn't" wrong. I rarely post and scoff at the language police, but I almost spit out my coffee when I saw this one.
    I spit out my milk over my screen when I read your reply. Hilarious....and thanks for the smeared milk on my screen

Shadowlander

I don't think it was buffed. It seems weaker to me.
    Last edited by VashStampede; 02-24-2011 at 09:57 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by VashStampede View Post
    I don't think it was buffed. It seems weaker to me.
    they removed the dot

I think my melee hits do more damage than Flame Spear.
    Riftblade/Paragon/Beastmaster here.

Shadowlander

What a pleasant person OP is.
    rift lol

Rift Disciple

Seems weaker to me as well. I find myself firing off a couple flamespears before engaging to make sure I have a full action bar then using fiery burst and melee. RB felt quite strong to me in beta, but isent (sic) feeling OP now and has definitely been "adjusted" live. Not complaining, plenty of other tools in the woodshed.
    Last edited by Wracu; 02-25-2011 at 04:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Spang View Post
    I spit out my milk over my screen when I read your reply. Hilarious....and thanks for the smeared milk on my screen
    Are you a baby ?!?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    Are you a baby ?!?
    Is there something nobody told me about that makes milk non-viable past the age of one?

Ry0
    Shadowlander

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Oliin View Post
    Is there something nobody told me about that makes milk non-viable past the age of one?
    Lactose intolerance.

:'(
    Last edited by Ry0; 02-25-2011 at 06:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ry0 View Post
    Lactose intolerance.

:'(
    No chocolate milk for you!

Soulwalker

I am sure people's issues with flamespear stem from the same root problem a lot of people seem to be having in pvp in general: instant ranged is king. To be competitive, at least at the low level pvp everyone is experiencing right now, all you need is a single instant cast, ranged, direct damage, no cooldown skill.

Take a warden's rank 4, level 12 req. waterjet spell. It's instant cast, 25-27 damage, 30 meter range. I would guess a level 12 warden has roughly a 30 dps bonus from gear, stick 5 points in their tier 1 ability that increases water jet's damage 10%, giving that seemingly pidly spell 93-96 damage. Add in some crit and crit bonuses from inquisitor, and you have a level 12 healer with 5% bonus to crit, 20% bonus to crit damage, and swinging at 30 meters every 2 seconds for just about 100 base damage. Are you sure it wasn't the healer killing you?
    Last edited by Aven; 02-25-2011 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Spang View Post
    I spewed coffee for no apparent reason. Then I did it again because the original spew Was funny ;)
    When in doubt, Poke it with a Stick

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Bejita View Post

I dont have a problem with that. What i do have a problem with is that your overpowered class do this while running. I see a clear issue with balance when a warrior can run out of range from me in order to avoid my damage. He can even duck behind cover to exploit line of site, but when it comes to your class I can do neither.

This needs to be addressed. Trion put casting times on all ranged melee attacks, recast timers etc..to balance them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast