+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need help figuring out which souls to choose (WoW Player)

Soulwalker

Default Need help figuring out which souls to choose (WoW Player)

Hi,

I'll try and keep it simple.

I play and still enjoy WoW, yet I like this game as much (got the digital collector edition and subbed for 6 months).

I would like to know which souls combination most closely resembles the Mage in WoW ? Basically, I'd like to be able to do ton of damage (from a distance or not) and / or AoE effectively.

Are mages in this game the same ?

Thanks

Rift Chaser

pyro or stormcaller...pyro i'd mix wit lock to get survivability and mana regen, then dom for mez or archmage for the root break...SC, i'd probably take dom for the CC and mana regen (would use elementalist for PVE, dom for PVP as dom gives in combat mana regen)...

Quote Originally Posted by Melfurion1 View Post
    Hi,

I'll try and keep it simple.

I play and still enjoy WoW, yet I like this game as much (got the digital collector edition and subbed for 6 months).

I would like to know which souls combination most closely resembles the Mage in WoW ? Basically, I'd like to be able to do ton of damage (from a distance or not) and / or AoE effectively.

Are mages in this game the same ?

Thanks
    Mage is the calling you want for sure. The best part about Rift is that I don't need to ask you which spec of mage you preferred to be able to tell you that. Pick mage, decide what flavor of damage you want to dish out for the first dozen levels, and if you don't like it get your ice cream scooper out and head to 31 Flavors for a new soul sundae.

Soulwalker

Default hey

I am coming from the same place as you pal, and my best bet was to roll Pyro main (basically a fire mage...), ele second (you get a nice elemental and VERY useful talents for mana and buffing your fire damage), 3d spec Archon (nice fire DoT and support spells).

This is obviously, for solo leveling and PvE.

For PvP I'd go Lock/Necro/Archmage I think, not sure about that yet though.

Hope this helped

Telaran

Good question Melfurion1!

I had a smmiliar one so i appreciate that and thanks to those who responded. I went with the Mage SC and Elem, but have not yet picked a third, so please continue with the suggestions/info!

As for me I actually loved the Druid and loved the Hurrican ability in WOW....So Neekutae I think you hit it dead center. Is their a class I can get that kind of power or is the Mage the closet we can get?

Im actually digging the Mage, but before i go to far I thought I may ask and sorry for asking on your thread OP, but i think both folks touched the subject so why go else where to ask, you know.

Thanks again!

+ Reply to Thread