+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thoughts on a trio of characters...?

Soulwalker

Default Thoughts on a trio of characters...?

I have a couple friends who will be joining me on a pvp server, and we'll want to be reasonably effective in both pve and pvp. My usual thought is to put together a proper healer, a heavy tank, and a glass-cannon dps type (I've been playing MMOs since EQ-Kunark expansion, so I've been around a bit..)

Rift, though, seems to be almost limitless in what you can do with three people to be effective - at least based on the stated strengths/weaknesses of the different classes. So, I have a few questions:

- Do any of you play as a trio and have thoughts on what has worked and what hasn't?
    - Is PvP all about out-dpsing your competition, or will a healer actually be more useful than another medium-tank type dps?
    - Are any of the healing hybrids worth what you give up in pure healing to get the other skills?

Thanks in advance.

Shadowlander

Default Advice against tank

I know it's nice to have some "tanks" but really tanky builds aren't that great and is mostly to keep people away from the other people but honnestly which tanking class have a lot of rooting ability you wouldn't get as dps.
    I would suggest a warrior (posibly champion) then a healer of some sort and a mage/rogue (my thought would actually be a mage with either a great nuke spec or some more cc)

And yes healers are sooo great
    Last edited by Zerados; 02-24-2011 at 05:28 PM.

Three clerics = pwnage.

Honestly, my brother, good buddy, and I did it in beta and that's the plan so far. I heal and the other two are either Inq or Shaman. So many heals to go around, it's really hard to die.

Soulwalker

Thanks for replying. Good stuff - I'd considered the three cleric thing as well, but a recommendation for it is enough to make me mention it to my friends.

Any other thoughts, of course, are appreciated. (fancy way to say 'shameless bump')

+ Reply to Thread