+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Clerics in cloth

Default Clerics in cloth

I'm glad that the cleric classes we've been introduced to seem to operate optimally in mail armor (and the mail armor looks very nice, btw) The description of the cleric Calling mentions possible ascended classes that wear cloth, unless "more arcane priesthoods" is referring to the mage Calling. I would love to see more armor equipability options. For example, if a ranger were allowed to wear a mail shirt and boots; or point-in-case, a cleric ascended class that would sacrifice their ability to wear mail and leather except maybe boots and gloves. I'd settle for purifier, but a paladin ascended class that can wear half plate would really rock socks.

Well armor is based on the calling itself and not the soul equipped from the information we have received so far.

Personally I can't wait to see what kinda of cloth type healers they come up with I am hoping for a atleast a few healing casters.

Healing Druid & Blood Mage come to mind.

Regards,
    Kalbuir

Shadowlander

Making a choice of cleric class based on your armor is something that almost every MMO offers. I think it would be nice to have all the armor the same, that way we choose the class based on the skills we identify most with,
    however, I can't wait to see if we will have other clerics who wear other armor types.
    Last edited by Honor; 06-18-2010 at 09:40 AM.

Cloth opens it to Monk.

I needs Bard and Paladin under cleric to split my Paladin / Bard for uber group helping. Girly Paladin singing with instrument on long trips = teh hawt.
    **Canceled Oct '11, cannot reply on forums. Contact me through my site.**
    rabb1t.com - pc gaming hardware tech talk for everyone / rabb1t's ramblings podcast
    rabb1t's Gamer Day 2010 After Party videos
    joo can has Rift iPhone 4 and Droid wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Kalbuir View Post
    BLOOD MAGE!!!!!!!!!
    This is all they have to do to get me to follow them off the cliff.

The Unofficial Oldschool Server - Because a kick-*** community doesn't just build itself.
    Also, be sure to visit RiftSeekers so that Faelor doesn't beat me this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Goremarr View Post
    This is all they have to do to get me to happily follow them off the cliff multiple times!
    Fixed it for ya

Regards,
    Kalbuir

I would do incredibly dirty things for a Blood Mage class in this game. But I'm trying not to hold my breath.

The Unofficial Oldschool Server - Because a kick-*** community doesn't just build itself.
    Also, be sure to visit RiftSeekers so that Faelor doesn't beat me this week.

im glad too
    i hated the MAIL armored healers from Aion, up until top levels you couldn't hope to beat one in a 1v1, your dmg could be easily overhealed

Quote Originally Posted by g0kuenuan View Post
    im glad too
    i hated the MAIL armored healers from Aion, up until top levels you couldn't hope to beat one in a 1v1, your dmg could be easily overhealed
    Then you was doing it wrong if you did it right they could only stand there and heal as you run them out of MP as if they attack you could burst them down quite easy.

I like the armor the cleric's have here i would not mind having the warrior priest like chain armor as long as it don't move to much in to the plate version.

Looks like we might get some thing like this.

http://mythicmktg.fileburst.com/war/...st-look-01.jpg

Just hope it don't end up like full plate.

http://mythicmktg.fileburst.com/war/...st-look-03.jpg

Cloth is nice and all but i think its time we move the art style of the basic healer form a cloth to chain that been said Blood mage if added as a healer would be best in cloth.
    Death is great people are dying to get there.

Death is great it's the cure to Life.

Could ppl stop reffering to it as a Blood Mage?! I don't know what it is! lol
    Someone explain!
    Wild guess - It's from EQ?

Soulwalker

Why do people always think healers need to wear cloth up until WoW came out almost all if not all RPG games had healing classes wearing plate armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Martie View Post
    Someone explain!
    They are likely refering to the "Blood Mage" from Dragon Age, but I beileve the concept has been around longer (though mostly unused.)

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Blood_Mage

(People should note that BioWare likely copyrighted Blood Mage, so if we do see one it won't be called that.)
    rabb1t.com - pc gaming hardware tech talk for everyone / rabb1t's ramblings podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Kelban View Post
    Why do people always think healers need to wear cloth up until WoW came out almost all if not all RPG games had healing classes wearing plate armor.
    Take a survey of the average player and what RPGs they played before WoW and you'll see why. (The short answer is you'll find there are far less of us around than you'd think.)

Quote Originally Posted by Martie View Post
    Someone explain!
    Vanguard. Don't know anything else about the class, but it's from Vanguard, and evidently one of the good things the game did.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast