+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cant decide what i wanna play need some help plz ........?

Soulwalker

Default Cant decide what i wanna play need some help plz ........?

Ok so i haven't played beta but i did pre-order an will be trying out the head start. My question is im coming from WoW which most people are and i cant decide which to play mage or warrior possibly rogue? i wanna go pure Pve Dps an was looking an could find a pure Pve dps thread for these classes. If i pick rogue or warrior i wanna be pure melee no Rng. an no healing for the mage. Anyone got a good insight on what proly will be the better of the 3 or best Pve dps class to pick from?? I have seen alot of threads that rogues at gonna be top dps but all i see is rng rogue threads for MM's nothing for melee really. In wow i had a shadow priest, fury warrior, mage and rogue i played an loved all of them so anything very similar to them. Any help would be very appreciated Thank you.

Soulwalker

I don't know play what you like4 better really this game between pure warrior/rogue dps, and mage dps are about the same. About the only difference is survivability i.e. riftblade have several escape abilities that a warrior/mage class doesn't. If you go mage,and don't want any healing soul you would be best to take a pet class either Warlock, or Necromancer as you can't nuke mobs w/o taking considerable damage especially in raids.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by X2gambit View Post
    I don't know play what you like4 better really this game between pure warrior/rogue dps, and mage dps are about the same. About the only difference is survivability i.e. riftblade have several escape abilities that a warrior/mage class doesn't. If you go mage,and don't want any healing soul you would be best to take a pet class either Warlock, or Necromancer as you can't nuke mobs w/o taking considerable damage especially in raids.

Warlock doesn't have a pet, necro and elementalist do, also chloromancer is mage healing soul. By "riftblade have several escape abilites" you probably meant riftstalker. As mage, pyro + elementalist is nice or warlock + necromancer. To OP, i had lvl 42 rogue in beta, lvl 28 mage and lvl 21 warrior and even now i still can't decide what to play, it's driving me nuts lol. I started rogue and warrior but I'll prolly play rogue...
    Last edited by Snugglewuggle; 02-24-2011 at 06:15 PM.

Soulwalker

Rogue has plenty of melee souls to pick from. MM and beastmaster are more popular for the same reason WoW Hunter is popular. Remember, in Rift, you get to pick and choose which combo of souls you want to use from a given calling. It is easy to change (I.E. you will have 4 specs to switch between) and as easy to respec here as it is in WoW, including changing souls for a given role.

+ Reply to Thread