+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What is right for me?

Soulwalker

Default What is right for me?

***Please don't read this if you don't have a lot of patience for indecisive people, and please be generous. Thank you***

I am having a difficult time figuring out what to play...and how to play it. I was hoping to get some advice or input and see what you all think here on the forums.

I played during open beta, I tried a few different setups but primarily what I tried was a Rogue lvl 14 Nightblade/Blade Dancer/Rift Stalker Fighter lvl 11 Void Knight/Reaver/Beastmaster Cleric lvl 12 Inquisitor/Justicar/Sentinal

I know I didn't play them long enough to really experience them but I got a small taste...I liked the Rogue only after putting all points into Nightblade, I didn't like the fighter a whole lot I felt like I didn't almost as fast as the rogue but did no more damage and the cleric would have been more fun if I had more heals and buffs...I think I had 2 heals from the sentinal tree and 2 buffs and a lot of attacks...It felt to me like this game makes everyone DPS based rather than boldly assigning different classes jobs.

I want to play something useful, maybe a tank or healer, but I will also be starting a DPS class, probably scout, I have never done a mage very well. I enjoyed the versatility of the Nightblade, I just felt like I had a bunch of worthless skills...(The spear ones that did very little to no damage) I would like to play a fighter if there is one that does decent DPS and doesn't die super fast...also how do healers work on this game? I didn't see a ton of heals, I saw that later on I would have tons of buffs...what is a good healer class and are they needed? What should I play? What is needed? What does everyone else seem to have most fun with?

Any and all tips are appreciated.
    Last edited by Ostrava; 02-24-2011 at 12:26 PM.

Soulwalker

Anyone? Any suggestions? *bump*

Soulwalker

Still no suggestions? *bump bump*

Soulwalker

Make four characters, one of each calling. The one you play the most is your main. Quit worrying about "getting it right" and just play the game already. As easy as it is to change souls you won't really need more then 4 characters to play everything you want.

Rift Chaser

rift doesn't need to assign different roles to classes...the player gets to decide their own role...sounds like you want some sort of melee dps with survivability...that's probably going to be rogue, warrior or cleric...while rogue can be tanky, they give your more options for dps...warr's can be dps but they give you more options for tanking...clerics can be a li'l bit of everything or a great healer...

and there's nothing bold about static class assignments...that's the same approach taht's been taken since EQ/wow first came out...rift adds versatility, dynamic classes, more customization of builds...it's not all about the max/min anymore...now, it's about defining your own role and playin it as well as possible...

EDIT: always played a mage in my previous games...i'm going to try a cleric because it still gives me the option for rdps but i also get to try out mdps, healer and tank...
    Last edited by Aggrosamurai; 02-24-2011 at 10:14 PM.

+ Reply to Thread