+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 51 Point Souls for Release

Soulwalker

Default 51 Point Souls for Release

Sitting at work bored...

I've always been into deep specialization of classes (I played 7/3/31 destruction warlock in vanilla wow) and was wondering what sort of 51 point soul tree builds will be viable for release? Or at least look workable?

Rift Master

Warrior: Riftblade, Champion, Paragon ---> for sure imo and maybe others but those three for sure and in that order. Riftblade 51 point is oolala.

Mage: I hear people talking about pyro and warlock @ 51 points. I hear a lot of speculation about the devastation that a 51 point lock can bring... but there is also a lot of doubt about everything you give up for that damage cd. Pyro at 44 seems totally solid. I also hear a lot of talk about DOM @ 51 points and that it is sort of a sleeper giant of a monster of omg what was that sweetness. We will see.

Rogue: Bard, Marksman ---> could be others as i don't know rogues as well. I hear MANY bards talking about going 51 points though. I hear some about Marksman or ranger going 51 points. I know almost nothing about if sab works at 51 points or not... looks like it could though? Seems that i hear almost nothing about the melee rogues going 51 points and that is because there are so many bases to cover and the 51 point talents don't seem like they add as much as having a bunch of other cool stuff from other trees. There is sort of crap bloat in a lot of the trees that you don't want to take just to get a 51 point ability that is not that great.

Cleric: There was a whole storm of go 51 points in shaman or GO HOME. But that was when their buff was on all physical attacks and not just massive blow. Still ---> shaman at 51 seems like a build people will use. I honestly haven't heard anyone else talking about going 51 points in any healing souls. I have heard much disturbance about needing to be over 36 points for them to be really good. I expect many people may be going 44 points into their MAIN healing soul and then having some support points in a strong second soul and some minor points in a third.

Anyone else have any different thoughts?

OP ---> what are your thoughts you didn't really share your own perspectives on 51 pointers.

I say 51 points in the pvp soul! I kid, i kid.

Soulwalker

Tough call honestly. I was thinking Marksman, Warlock, Pyro, Shaman as well, but I was interested in hearing about other stuff.

51 point dominator looks ridiculous as a support class but doesn't appear to do much damage and may have trouble staying alive... also might be too PvP focused to be very effective outside of warfronts.

I was hoping to hear someone had figured out either Cabalist or Inquisitor was ridiculous at 51 points so I would have an excuse to roll Cleric.

Champion

The whining over 51/44 Doms & 51/44 Sabs will be heard throughout the ages.

You can quote me.

Soulwalker

am i only one to think that 51 VK is awesome?

I think we can say that the 51-pointer in Inquisitor is not worth it. A 3 sec channeled stun with dmg on it on a 2min CD. Meh, maybe if it wasnt a channeling spell.

Telaran

For rogues (havn't looked at other callings)

Rifstalker (for the scaling damage absorption and endurance)

and Bard (51 points is not as needed but all the bard talent points are pretty nice, and you don't really need more than 16 points for the support souls to be a support bard)

Planning to get 51 points in Bard for Full Support and Riftstalker for the imp. Endurance & Shields.
    Legolas - Rogue - Imperium

Ascendant

I'm on the fence about going 51 into Riftstalker still. On the one hand for a Riftstalker tank it makes sense to get as much out of Rift Guard and Guardian Phase as I possibly can... on the other hand the Riftstalker 51 looks a bit on the situational side (poison/disease/curse heavy encounters).

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Kedon View Post
    I'm on the fence about going 51 into Riftstalker still. On the one hand for a Riftstalker tank it makes sense to get as much out of Rift Guard and Guardian Phase as I possibly can... on the other hand the Riftstalker 51 looks a bit on the situational side (poison/disease/curse heavy encounters).
    The 51 point ability may be a trade off, but not the scaling talents. The only real alternative is going heavier into bladedancer for some extra avoidance, but that leads to more spikey damage taken because of the lower shields/endurance.

+ Reply to Thread