+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Monks

Telaran

Default Monks

Is it just me or am I missing something, are monks as a sub class not an option I see a final slot with the coming soon tag and really hope that monks get the final slot for the rogue archtype.

We don't know what the last classes will be. There's been a few mentioned here and there but never a monk. Doesn't mean we won't see one of course just that there hasn't been any indication of one as of yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Smackerz View Post
    Is it just me or am I missing something, are monks as a sub class not an option I see a final slot with the coming soon tag and really hope that monks get the final slot for the rogue archtype.
    All the Callings have just one 'coming soon' tag on them. It's just an indicator that there's more classes to come, not necessarily how many classes are left.

There's potentially tons of classes left to unveil, so I wouldn't lose hope for Monks just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirander View Post
    All the Callings have just one 'coming soon' tag on them. It's just an indicator that there's more classes to come, not necessarily how many classes are left.

There's potentially tons of classes left to unveil, so I wouldn't lose hope for Monks just yet.
    What he said, there are advanced souls that you can add to your character that will have to be "found" for lack of a better word.

Sorry I stated that as a fact when in fact it really an educated guess from reading a few articles on the subject

If I see a monk class available that will be the final straw! I'd have to buy this game than ;)

I have always enjoyed monk classes, especially the bare handed type of monk I've always enjoyed playing. Would be nice to see them in some form in RIFT. I just hope they won't turn out to be your semi tank is in EQ2 I didn't find that really enjoyable.

Regards,
    Kalbuir

Even if they are not added before the game is live there are good odds for a monk like class added in time.
    Death is great people are dying to get there.

Death is great it's the cure to Life.

Would be fun to see a monk trying to fight back that Champion thingy... Watch monk loose both his hands! ;)
    I don't need to "Get a life."! I'm a Gamer! I have loads of Lifes! - - - Necromancy - happiness is an army of unstoppable, loyal, killing machines.

Well, I do enjoy Monks but in Vanguard they were overshadowed in my opinion by the Disciple (which honestly I'd more excited to see in Rift anyways). Still, given the statements about number of souls... I'd say you have pretty decent odds of seeing one.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est

Be aware that the slots on the website are starting souls only. They have hinted that there are more to be discovered as you progress through Telara.

Shadowlander

Yep, i would like to see monks. Monks for me are more warrior architype than rouge. Usually monk has following characteristics:High chance to evade from attack, high enough resistance to magic, high attack speed , knows ancient and dangerous technics ( blow with very high damage, stuns ,knockbacks etc.), usually wears clothes/leather and blunt weapon or exotic slash type weapon.
    It would be cool to see hybrid matrial arts classes in game -darc monk( necro+combat arts), chain fighter(chain monk uses chains as knukls or whips or armor elements) etc.

Sorry for my English.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorch22 View Post
    Yep, i would like to see monks. Monks for me are more warrior architype than rouge. Usually monk has following characteristics:High chance to evade from attack, high enough resistance to magic, high attack speed , knows ancient and dangerous technics ( blow with very high damage, stuns ,knockbacks etc.), usually wears clothes/leather and blunt weapon or exotic slash type weapon.
    It would be cool to see hybrid matrial arts classes in game -darc monk( necro+combat arts), chain fighter(chain monk uses chains as knukls or whips or armor elements) etc.

Sorry for my English.

It was understandable =p And to Elladar, the monk would just deflect the giant blade and beat him up while doing so repeatedly.

Want a Melee Mage? Support the Theurgist!

I think it's already been shown on one of the videos that the final Rogue class is a Bard, so I don't really see room for a traditional Monk.

Maybe in the Warrior class, or as a healer like the Vanguard Disciple.
    Dual Targeting - The Targeting System of the Modern MMO

If the Lord of the Rings movie trilogy was made by today's MMO designers, the first 8 hours would be condensed into 30 minutes, and the last hour would be stretched out over 8.5 hours. It would be all about 'The Ending' and not about 'The Journey'.

Quote Originally Posted by Slyde View Post
    I think it's already been shown on one of the videos that the final Rogue class is a Bard, so I don't really see room for a traditional Monk.

Maybe in the Warrior class, or as a healer like the Vanguard Disciple.
    8 classes per archetype...

Soulwalker

I love monks, they are by far my favorite type of character to play. I think I would want a disciple-type class first, then a warrior archetype monk second. I love to play as an avoidance tank (like the EQ2 monk), but I love the disciple more. It's funny, I think the monk may be the only character that could go in any archetype really, even mage if he was based heavily on chi-type abilities.

I mentioned in a post earlier that I think the monk class would be an excellent opportunity for a CC oriented class, with lots of stuns, knockdowns, and touch-based mes spells. Maybe even some grappling abilities. That would be beyond awesome!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast