+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Race Attrubte Bonus Gone????

Soulwalker

Default Race Attrubte Bonus Gone????

I am not in game yet but a friend just created his character and there is no +10 attribute increase for the different races. Is this true? a bug? what?

theyre gone

Soulwalker

Default why?

Yeh I was wondering about that myself. Seems ever so slightly dissapointing to take away things that add character to .. ugh .... your characters. Wonder why it was done? I hope it wasn't because a bunch of whiny gimps complained that pvp wasn't completely fair because of them or something along those lines. No racial abilities can be used in pvp or instances either. No big deal just slightly dissapointing.

I for one feel slightly glad they're gone; i always had this vague min-max guilt rolling a dwarf mage.

that said i do hope there's a more characterful replacement in time.
    Last edited by Heimdall; 02-24-2011 at 11:39 AM.
    "They make a desert and they call it 'peace'"

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Heimdall View Post
    I for one feel slightly glad they're gone; i always had this vague min-max guilt rolling a dwarf mage.

Same here. I felt I "needed" to roll a high elf to maximize my usefulness as a cleric. Now I can roll Mathosian and look sexy healing
    Tell you what, you remove the dps from Warriors and make them tanks only, and I'll stop being a Rogue tank. Until then, we finally have multiple roles instead of one. Get over it..

Stat bonus removal is good.

However...

Racial Abilities now cannot be used in dungeon and raid instances or Warfronts.
    Absolute bullcrap.
    In you they placed their faith, their hope and their power...
    You are our salvation...
    You are a Guardian!

Thumbs up

Yeah, I think I prefer them without as well...helps to avoid the guilt rolling a race based on aesthetics rather than stats.

I do hope they add another non-passive ability in their place eventually though...those are always welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Master View Post

However...

Racial Abilities now cannot be used in dungeon and raid instances or Warfronts.
    Absolute bullcrap.
    oh noes. now i'll need to get my own personal bard to help me run from the Black Garden spawn point faster!

i'm not sure why the racials issue mattered enough to make that restrictive change, but equally i'm not sure why it matters enough that i should care overmuch.

::EDIT:: that said, i assume passives are exempt?
    Last edited by Heimdall; 02-24-2011 at 11:54 AM.
    "They make a desert and they call it 'peace'"

Rift Disciple

However...

Absolute bullcrap.
    Yeah, I really don't see how they would give any advantage in either. Maybe a group of dwarves can jump of the edge in DD and bypass all the mobs but...wouldn't that just defeat the purpose of the exp/loot/notoriety? Seems odd.
    Tell you what, you remove the dps from Warriors and make them tanks only, and I'll stop being a Rogue tank. Until then, we finally have multiple roles instead of one. Get over it..

Soulwalker

hmmm... I guess a group of all kelari/dwarves could skip stuff in certain instances. Other than that all the movement enhancing racials were out of combat only- they helped running back after the wipe >.>

Although I wholly welcome the stat bonus removal. I am now totally free choosing my races based on aesthetics/ I feel like it

Champion

^ This

There was this nagging in the back of my mind playing my Eth rogue. It's gone now. I feel much better.

Quote Originally Posted by XFracture View Post
    ^ This

There was this nagging in the back of my mind playing my Eth rogue. It's gone now. I feel much better.
    Yes, thank you. Now I can choose based purely on aesthetics.

Now they just need to remove the other racial abilities and we will all be playing just humans with different colors of skin and height.

Plane Touched

However...

Absolute bullcrap.
    I'm figuring there were possible concerns with Dwarf rogues bypassing instance content with stealth and double fall length capacity for example. getting to some end boss switching roles to a NB/RS/Bard and solo dropping bosses in the end game with little effort. The kind of stuff I did on my WoW druid.

I know asside from loving the dwarf female model my consideration of dwarf rogue duly considered that future potential might be there.

Ascendant

Same here, but dwarves are too awesome to care anyway.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast