+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Duo person help

Soulwalker

Default Duo person help

Hello, my wife and I want to lvl together, but we have no clue what combos would be beneficial for this purpose. We are longtime MMO veterans, but havent really read much about RIFT yet, and as such have a hard time to clearly see what would be some good 2 man lvl combos.
    Any serious help would be highly appreciated, thank you in advance

Soulwalker

was just asking the same thing down a couple threads.

I was looking at Tank + Healer (always the two things needed for the foundation of the group). I personally am stuck between Tank + melee cleric or tank + Bard

Soulwalker

This chart shows you the specialties of each class/soul:

http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/3...driftchart.png

I'd go with classes capable of tanking/dps and healing/dps or support/heal/dps/etc, if between you you can cover 2-3 roles you should have a blast. Personally I'd go with a Rogue (Bard, for support, healing, buffing and dps while you level and group) and a Warrior or Cleric tank who can DPS or tank as you level.

The class/soul system is so flexible you could pick just about anything and have fun though, and work it out later on. You can unlock any of the souls for your class later and there isn't really a "wrong" choice while levelling.

Pick what you both enjoy

Might be too late for your answer, but I found rogue/mage worked VERY well together.

This gives you 2 DPS classes
    2 pet classes
    1 tank and 1 healer
    and any combination inbetween.

works really well
    also good synergy for PVP

+ Reply to Thread