+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 9 down 7 to go

Default 9 down 7 to go

now that we have 9 classes confirmed, there are still 7 slots available. 2 Warrior, 1 Rogue, 2 Cleric, 2 Mage still left, lets see what everyone thinks

Warrior-
    1) Paladin-kinda obvious, maybe they will do something new to pallys
    2) Guardian-we seem to be missing the very heavy boring tank still

Cleric-
    1)Bloodmage-hopefully
    2)Druid- some type of shapeshifter although we are also missing a shaman type that could go here and Druid as Mage (ala Vanguard)

Rogue-
    1)BARD-obvious omission to keep us on our toes

Mage-
    1)Druid/Shaman- VG classes seem to be lining up with this game
    2)Psionicist/Coercer- Some type of major mezzer

hopefully they come up with some new twists or I am completely wrong

Hmm I believe that I cant see "Necromancer" there.... You dont want to dissapoint me mortal...
    I don't need to "Get a life."! I'm a Gamer! I have loads of Lifes! - - - Necromancy - happiness is an army of unstoppable, loyal, killing machines.

Quote Originally Posted by Elladar View Post
    Hmm I believe that I cant see "Necromancer" there.... You dont want to dissapoint me mortal...
    Nah thats nothing more than a elementalist who specializes in the plane of death

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
    Nah thats nothing more than a elementalist who specializes in the plane of death
    Hmm... That is the correct answer.. Mortal... I will keep an eye on you, seems like you will make a good bully-minion... Hows Kitten btw? ;) [You can be a RL bully, but I will "Fight" back via internet!!]
    I don't need to "Get a life."! I'm a Gamer! I have loads of Lifes! - - - Necromancy - happiness is an army of unstoppable, loyal, killing machines.

Quote Originally Posted by Elladar View Post
    The Warlock class sounds a lot like a Necro - but without a pet
    Dual Targeting - The Targeting System of the Modern MMO

If the Lord of the Rings movie trilogy was made by today's MMO designers, the first 8 hours would be condensed into 30 minutes, and the last hour would be stretched out over 8.5 hours. It would be all about 'The Ending' and not about 'The Journey'.

There are only 7 more slots on the website (plus ellipses) but there's definitely gonna be more classes than that for anyone that thinks otherwise. Can't really get "hundreds of combinations" by picking 3 out of 4 classes at a time

My guesses based on past and/or leaked info:

Grave Lord (Necromancer)
    Berserker
    Assassin
    Shaman
    Gladiator
    Nameless Buffing Class
    Nameless Spell Using Warrior

Anything else would be made-up though there are plenty I'd like to see. A techno-magic rocket launcher class for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrdynn View Post
    now that we have 9 classes confirmed, there are still 7 slots available. 2 Warrior, 1 Rogue, 2 Cleric, 2 Mage still left, lets see what everyone thinks
    Unless people are seeing things I'm not, it's at least 7 classes left. I'm not seeing anything on the site that's put an upper limit on the number of classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirander View Post
    Unless people are seeing things I'm not, it's at least 7 classes left. I'm not seeing anything on the site that's put an upper limit on the number of classes.
    Agree... I believe the 3 dots below mean that there will be more classes to come, OR it means that there will be 3 more classes....

Warrior - The Champion could be filling the role of the classic Warrior or the Paladin. The Reaver seems like a Shadow/ Dread Knight. So whatever they have in mind for the next two slots should be interesting.

Cleric - I sure hope they have both a Shaman and a Druid. The Druid can go in either the healer or caster category, but Shaman are usually healers. And a BloodMage would be cool too.

Rogue - I agree about the Bard, I sure hope they don't leave out one of the most interesting classes from EQ1-2 and Vanguard.

Mage - Definitely need one class to fill the Psionicist/Enchanter crowd control role. And we also need a caster with a pet. Either the EQ Mage, or a true Necro (the Warlock seems like a Necro but without a pet).
    Dual Targeting - The Targeting System of the Modern MMO

If the Lord of the Rings movie trilogy was made by today's MMO designers, the first 8 hours would be condensed into 30 minutes, and the last hour would be stretched out over 8.5 hours. It would be all about 'The Ending' and not about 'The Journey'.

Quote Originally Posted by Slyde View Post
    Mage - Definitely need one class to fill the Psionicist/Enchanter crowd control role. And we also need a caster with a pet. Either the EQ Mage, or a true Necro (the Warlock seems like a Necro but without a pet).
    Thanks Slyde! ... Omg this wait is killing me even more than it was a week ago!! >.<''

Quote Originally Posted by Slyde View Post
    Warrior - The Champion could be filling the role of the classic Warrior or the Paladin.
    The Champion is striking me as filling a similar role to EQ2's Berserker; basically an offensive tank, rather than as a Paladin or sword-and-board Warrior

And we also need a caster with a pet. Either the EQ Mage, or a true Necro (the Warlock seems like a Necro but without a pet).
    That's pretty much the Elementalist.

I still have hope for a Nerco given how much talk there is on the forums for one even if it means they just give the warlock a undead pet.

The Champions has a 2h sword so i do not see it filling the tank role unless they make it some kind of parry tank as i do not see it as an evade tank with heavy armor and a 2h sword slowing it down.

The Reaver seems semi tanking since it says they are most effective in heavy armor, carrying a shield in one hand and a weapon in the other and going by there slow Dot style skills.

My guess is a Kinight/Pally for the 2nd tank class and maybe a Warrior or some kind of beastmaster/tamer as a pet based warrior class.

I would say a Brad type class would be added but as a cleric or rouge is any one's guess could fit both quite easy.

As for mage maybe a sharman as a defence type mage using Wards and Totems or maybe curse the ground it self to damage and defend his allys.

I can oly guess but i am fairly sure we might get some thing like that.
    Death is great people are dying to get there.

Death is great it's the cure to Life.

Druids are in.

I asked Weez to find out for me and he confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Raevin View Post
    Druids are in.

I asked Weez to find out for me and he confirmed.
    Archetype is...?
    w w w . F A E L O R . c o m
    Administrator of Rift Seekers | [former] Guild Master of <Primal> | Administrator of Halcyon Affinity
    Rift Podcast | Rift Seekers is currently dormant for various reasons, thank you for understanding | Telerapedia

Quote Originally Posted by Faelor View Post
    Archetype is...?
    Don't know that yet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast