+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Assessing Synergies - dynamic duo

Soulwalker

Default Assessing Synergies - dynamic duo

Attempting to play off of synergies between a duo between a tank and X class. My initial thoughts are to play a hybrid-type healer. My initial thoughts are between playing a melee cleric or a bard for mostly pvp but also leveling pve play.

I am looking at it two ways:

Bard: Playing in the backfield a bit provides me a little bit of aid, I can still focus fire w/ the tank's target and still provide heals (be it AOE and not direct). Decent DPS and high survivability and still providing great utility.
    Problem I see: I'm in the backfield and not right up on the tank, him addressing my agro (pvp or pve) is a bit harder since i'm not running right beside

Melee Cleric: Playing right beside the tank allows for quick adjustments to be made. I can focus fire easily and provide utility in the way of assisting in damage and in heals. Again decent dps and survivability.
    Problem I see: I'm in the frontline right with the tank, putting me in harms way and may decrease overall survivability between the two of us if I drop.

I have experience playing the bard, still have not played the melee cleric. The tank-friend and i will be playing a large amt of time together; however, I still need to be in a position where I can solo and hold my own when hes not available.

Anyone care to throw in their two cents?

Shadowlander

one thing to remember is that you can get every soul for your class after you get to lvl 13. You can play support with your friend and when he is gone you can go to a pure dps/tank spec and be just as good as him no matter if you pic the cleric souls or the rouge souls. They both have a "tank" soul and both have support and pure dps souls.

The major question is do you want to be able to be a pure healer at some time or not? The bard is more a support/dps spec not a main healer (no direct heals except for finishers and one on a long cool down deep in the bard tree) and the cleric can be a full on healer with plenty of direct heals and hots depending on the spec you go.
    Last edited by The2040; 02-24-2011 at 11:05 AM.

Soulwalker

It doesnt matter to me too too much as to if i can main heal or not. I'm a lot more focused with PVP healing than PVE healing (where generally an aoe healer will have a less of a heal-bot feel than a direct healer at least IMO). I'm really concerned w/ survivability and ensuring that i can keep myself and my friend alive.

Shadowlander

If you are going to try to keep people alive I would go cleric. Bards are more of a nice hot on everyone then something that is going to solo heal a raid (pvp or pve). Bards are mainly buffers and are there to make the main healers job a bit easer.

+ Reply to Thread