+ Reply to Thread

Thread: With all the soul options are soul nerfs/buffs really a big deal?

Rift Disciple

Default With all the soul options are soul nerfs/buffs really a big deal?

Should I expect a bunch of QQ on the forums whenever a balancing change is made. I figure since the soul system is so flexible, one can't really get too invested and attached to their spec unlike other MMO's.

Of course I only got a toon to level 11 in the beta so I could be wrong.

Depending on the nature of the nerf it can affect how profitable it is to add a soul to your role. If a skill in a soul is moved from a lower tier to a higher one you would have to spec deeper into that soul to get the desired outcome but depending on your soul setup you won't have the points to spec deeper into another soul. So basically you get souls which aren't worth using unless you spec deeper while other souls get more attractive skills in lower tiers.
    Last edited by Red Exodus; 02-24-2011 at 09:14 AM.

I would hate it if trion used the ability to just change spec so easily as a license to just butcher soul combos and synergies.

Telaran

Well if you planned on going 51pts in a soul then nerfing the soul could hurt quite a bit.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Beaverhero View Post
    Should I expect a bunch of QQ on the forums whenever a balancing change is made. I figure since the soul system is so flexible, one can't really get too invested and attached to their spec unlike other MMO's.

Of course I only got a toon to level 11 in the beta so I could be wrong.
    Unfortunately there has already been a ton of fit throwing and arm flailing over the smallest changes, right up to the bigger ones. Just skip over all of the threads that even feel like there will be drama, and you'll find some really good in depth guides on class mechanics and informational threads.

Champion

There will always be drama if people feel they're being nerfed, especially if that nerf fixes a bug that made their class imbalanced before.

+ Reply to Thread