+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Class's Speculation.. Most played ? Best at PvP ? Best at PvE dps ? etc.

Rift Disciple

Default Class's Speculation.. Most played ? Best at PvP ? Best at PvE dps ? etc.

So im at work bored, already know what im playing.

So thought id see what peoples thoughts are on.

wel do this by calling. War/Cleric/Rogue/Mage

------------------------------------------
    Most Played:
    Best at Pvp:
    Highest Pve Dps:
    Best Solo PvE:
    ---------------------

Here is my thoughts.

Most Played: Rogue
    Best at PvP: Rogue
    Highest Pve Dps: Warrior
    Best Solo PvE: Cleric

Just curious to see others thoughts :P

I have the same as you for everything but best at PvP

I believe best at PvP: TBD

Until people are L50 PvPng for a month that's up in the air

I still think Dominators are best at PvP. A good player, playing a Dominator very well, can really turn the tide of the warfront single-handedly.
    If I wanted to hear from a butthole, I would have farted.

Rogues actually have the highest pve DPS after all the warrior nerfs.

I'd say it's a close tie between rogues and warriors for PVP effectiveness. Give a warrior a pocket healer and they tend to outperform rogues, but rogues are better individually.

Mages actually have some very strong leveling builds. Greater Earth Elementals are probably the best tank pet in the game, and when you combine that with strong healing, decent DPS, good CC, and unlimited mana. (warlock/elemen/chloro) they can really take on some tough pulls solo. Although they certainly aren't the fastest at killing stuff
    Last edited by Draemos; 02-24-2011 at 09:41 AM.

Soulwalker

Best PVP: Warr
    Highest PVE DPS: Warr
    Best Solo Pve: Rogue (MM/Ranger)

I don't expect this to be true for Warriors at launch though given the changes. MM/Ranger was a really fast questing spec. Good Range DPS + Near Constant Run Speed Boost + Pet Tank was easy mode and fast.

Regarding solo pvp, it has to be rogues simply b/c of stealth and then the ability to use that to pick your target.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosswise View Post
    I still think Dominators are best at PvP. A good player, playing a Dominator very well, can really turn the tide of the warfront single-handedly.
    The problem with dominators is when the other side realizes the effect your having and decides to primary you.

You get rolled so fast it's very irritating, and no amount of healing is going to save you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosswise View Post
    yea dominators can have a really great impact on pvp and is a fun class, but they have weaknesses in their ability to get overwhelmed/taken down pretty quick with focused aggro/sneak attacks and have lower dps, not to say they aren't really good though, but like, bard will probably have a legitimate group impact too while keeping solid in other areas. They have a lot of potential complexity too but unfortunately some of that is lost to how effective fairly easy stuff like- spamming transmorgify, and being able to full mana to zero casters while squirreled, and proccing the aoe silence/reflect when its up is- and it ends up making a lot of ppl play it in warfronts.
    Last edited by Inixia; 02-24-2011 at 09:56 AM.

Rift Disciple

guess i havent seen the patch notes that changed war.

Anyone have a link ?

Rift Disciple

Still too early to say. Come back when enough people are at cap AND have gotten a few pvp levels.

Rift Disciple

To early is the point of Speculation :P

its not "What is the best class" Is what do you think will be the best class. for the aboves.

Every mmo it varies...

Shadowlander

There is no best, the player controlling him determines how good the class is.

You will have your good rogues who own everyone in pvp, and the bad ones who cant string together a couple of kills. You'll have your clerics who steamroll you, and the guys that have no clue how to utilise the GCD.

Quote Originally Posted by Neuros View Post
    There is no best, the player controlling him determines how good the class is.

You will have your good rogues who own everyone in pvp, and the bad ones who cant string together a couple of kills. You'll have your clerics who steamroll you, and the guys that have no clue how to utilise the GCD.
    I really hope we haven't reached the level of analysis where we compare good players to bad ones to see which class does better though.

Player skill will have a huge impact for sure, but at an equal skill/gear level in higher level play certain classes are bound to come out better/worse. That being said though its still very early to determine any of that well.
    Last edited by Inixia; 02-24-2011 at 02:00 PM.

Most Played: rogue
    Best at Pvp: rogue (sab marksman assassin bard)
    Highest Pve Dps: rogue
    Best Solo PvE: Mage (warlock/chloro w/ necro

+ Reply to Thread