+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do you actually use your secondry soul abilities or just use the stat increases?

Rift Disciple

Default Do you actually use your secondry soul abilities or just use the stat increases?

Im wondering do you use the abilitys the second and third soul choices give you or just use the increased stats they give you? Im just thinking with 3 souls there will be hardly any room for all the extra spells/abilities never mind remembering them all.

Shadowlander

You can always use macros to clear up the hotbars. But i primarily use skills from my primary soul, as it would usually have the best

Shadowlander

I use mine. The trick for me is to identify skills that perform duplicate functions then then use the one which meets my current need. Example is the assassin incapacitate versus the ranged incapacitate of NS. The ranged version is clearly superior and so that goes on the task bar. I use 3 bars bottom and 1 ont he side. Stuff like buffs/mounts/crafting go on the side where they can be mouse clicked, the rest go ont he bottom bars as needed and hotkeyed.

So the steps I take to use everything are:

1. ID cross-soul duplicates and pick the better one for my needs
    2. Combine skills with macros as possible/needed
    3. Move non-urgent things to side bars
    4. Place remaining for hotkey

This allows me to manag a lot of skills on fewer buttons. My feeling is that if you only need something once in a blue moon then it doesn't really need to occupy a bar all the time. This gets more difficult with some mage combinations but I've made it work so far.

Rift Chaser

I end up using skills from all 3 souls, depends on souls i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Snugglewuggle View Post
    I end up using skills from all 3 souls, depends on souls i guess.
    Very much this.

Effective Health: 51 Riftstalker/7 Bard/8 Ranger - Avoidance: 36 Riftstalker/8 Bard/22 Bladedancer - Healthy Mix: 51 Riftstalker/7 Bard/8 Bladedancer
    Riftstalker Tanking - Key Abilities and Mechanics 2.0
    Zayrinoke, Level 50 Bahmi Rogue - Zerstorer, Level 43 Bahmi Warrior - Asche, Level 20 Kelari Cleric - Haifisch, Level 32 Eth Mage
    Multiple Shards

+ Reply to Thread