+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best class with Good-Avg DPS and OK Healing?

Telaran

Default Best class with Good-Avg DPS and OK Healing?

Hello everyone, I haven't played an MMO in roughly the past 4 years. The last time I fired one up (WoW) I really grew to love the Paladin (RET Build) class, and since I didn't have enough time to dig into the last beta I was hoping to find a little help.

With what little time I had with the beta I saw, that the actual Paladin soul is normally used for tanking and I'm more looking forward to DPS w/ minor healing. I'm not even sure if the Cleric has good AoE spells or not.

Is there a good class and soul set that allows something like the Paladin RET class from WoW? I have yet to come across a good build for this.

Thanks for the help...see ya in the game.
    Last edited by CriticalBill665; 02-24-2011 at 08:30 AM.

Soulwalker

Yeah I know what you mean about the wow retri, I never actually got one to 80 before I quit but it was next on my list as I was really falling in love with the one I had at 20 something. Anyways, you should look at the cleric's shaman tree. Sticking 4 points in purifier worked supremely well for my shammy beta leveling build, aswell as some points in inquis; seeing as the shaman has no ranged abilities of it's own. I was on a pvp server and was able to hold my own and then some against several opponents during some random openworld, without me having any pvp skill whatsoever.

The shaman tree can generally be combined with any of the other trees perhaps apart from cabalist, so if you want to be able to fine tune your damage output versus your utility I'd start there.

Here's what I imagine my shammy to look like at 15, endgame ofc is another country altogether;

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10nGd.tcz.m.Vo

Shaman / Druid/ Justicar is not the way to go. Took me forever to kill things (melee) and the one direct heal was barely noticeable. (This combo was suggested by the game. Definitely not taking it on live.)

Soulwalker

It seems counter intuitive but there are two dps classes with healing trees (Mages and Rogues) and one healing class with dps trees (Clerics). For Mages it is the Chloro tree and for Rogues it is the Bard tree. I did not play Chloro in Beta but I did play the Bard to level 25. DPS is average but it really shines in any group with the aoe heals and group buffs. Solo questing is also good as Bards dont die easily due to self healing.

If want something close to a wow pally it would be a Cleric. Clerics can main heal, off tank or dps depending on the tree(s) selected.

Rift Disciple

Bard...or Chrolo both do "Decent" damage while healing their group by a ton.

Rift Disciple

bards do decent damage at lower lvls...higher lvls it started to fall off a bit...put enough points into bard for some healing then go ranger imo...get a tank pet and more consistent dps

recommend this for pve only....can always have another roll for doing warfronts/open world pvp if you choose to do that.

Yea some good advice here, however keep in mind that all bard heals and most chloro heals are dependant on you having an offensive target to DPS. Chloro gets a few castable heals but they are on decently long cooldowns.

Not to say they are bad healers at all, they are just different
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=420506&dateline=12965  21923

Telaran

Thanks for all the advise.

Does any of the "healers" have good AoE spells? It just makes it so much easier in PvE to take out a group of mobs and one of the things I loved about the WoWs Ret Pally.

Soulwalker

sounds like you would like justicar with shaman offensive talents. basically you go melee stuff to throw off heals around you and then pop very mana efficient single target and group heals so long as you keep hitting stuff in melee. also has a mana regen that requires you to be in melee.
    Last edited by Prolyfic; 02-24-2011 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CriticalBill665 View Post
    Hello everyone, I haven't played an MMO in roughly the past 4 years. The last time I fired one up (WoW) I really grew to love the Paladin (RET Build) class, and since I didn't have enough time to dig into the last beta I was hoping to find a little help.

With what little time I had with the beta I saw, that the actual Paladin soul is normally used for tanking and I'm more looking forward to DPS w/ minor healing. I'm not even sure if the Cleric has good AoE spells or not.

Is there a good class and soul set that allows something like the Paladin RET class from WoW? I have yet to come across a good build for this.

Thanks for the help...see ya in the game.
    If you enjoyed playing a ret paladin in wow, you would probably like the 'Shaman' (Cleric) soul paired with Druid. It is primarily a DPS/Buffing class with some decent(ish) heals.

The paladin (warrior) soul has only 1 self-heal on a long cooldown, and is nothing like paladin from WoW

+ Reply to Thread