+ Reply to Thread

Thread: After a successful...

Telaran

Default After a successful...

There are some soul points that say such things as 'After a successful <block/parry/dodge/crit> etc' some ability is enabled. Do I have some indication of when that happens?

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wobblytop View Post
    There are some soul points that say such things as 'After a successful <block/parry/dodge/crit> etc' some ability is enabled. Do I have some indication of when that happens?
    Well, until it happens the ability is greyed out on your bars, it then lights up when enabled. You can also see in the scrolling combat text when things happen if you have it enabled.

Telaran

OK thanks! Maybe I can put an action bar up, larger so I can sorta use it as a 'flash'.

Soulwalker

there is also a reactive ability bar. I haven't tried it for melee classes, but for pyro mages, cinder blast pops up on it when you get a instant cast proc off of they pyro armor.

There is a special bar (position customizable as with all UI parts) that includes these. When You are able to use one of these reactive abilities it has a nice (and rather visible) flash animation on it, showing you that you can use a given ability, the time remaining (you can use them only for a limited time period after the condition is met) as well as the cooldown (if the ability is on cooldown). After You use such a reactive ability, it is hidden again.

Most of these abilities are usually macroed to the normal ones though. E.g. you can put the reactive abilities first, then the normal ability, and the macro will fire reactive one if it's enabled, otherwise the normal.

Sample blademaster macro:
    cast Reprisal
    cast Precision Strike
    cast Quick Strike
    cast Keen Strike

This will cast reprisal if it's enabled (eabled after a dodge), if not it will cast Precision Strike (usable after keen strike, but 10 second cooldown), otherwise it will cast quick strike (usable after keen strike, no cooldown), and if this too isn't enabled, it will default to keen strike which is the most basic combo builder for a blademaster and enables the previous 2 abilities.
    Last edited by Schmicks; 02-24-2011 at 08:16 AM.

+ Reply to Thread