+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do you need to switch gear when switching roles?

Soulwalker

Default Do you need to switch gear when switching roles?

Good morning all (and a great morning for pre-orders )!

Quick nub question, if I'm switching between dps, tank, healer (I'm a cleric) do I need 3 sets of gear? Since I imagine there to be dps stats, tank stats, and healer stats it kinda sounds like I need a lot of backup gear and bag space.

Thanks in advance and I'll see you in Telara later today! SO excited!

RIFT Guide Writer

You can, and there are / commands that make it easy.

So you can gear up the way you want, then you type /saveequip # (Ie, /saveequip 1)

Then when you make your role macro, you put /loadequip 1 first, and it will reload your saved equipment setup.

See this link for more on / commands and macros

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...Sticky-Request

Telaran

The general answer is: no, and that's the beauty of rift

The specific answer is: yes for some callings (i.e. if you switch from DPS 2h Mace Shaman to a Tanking Justicar, you may want to switch to 1h+shield)

I'll keep using the cleric as an example. Traditionally clerics will focus on wisdom mostly, and it's the same in Rift.

Here's the beauty though: The melee specs of clerics can just stick with their spellcasting gear with wisdom/intelligence/endurance because their 0pt will ensure them a passive which takes all spellcasting secondaries (spell power, spell crit, etc) and add it ontu their physical stats (spell power becomes +attack power, spell crit will be +phys crit)

Ascendant

at higher level maybe you will want to switch from the gear with +focus runes to the +block/parry gear for tanking - still you shouldnt need to switch kind of gear (chain for clerics etc.)
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by SummonOfYuna View Post
    Here's the beauty though: The melee specs of clerics can just stick with their spellcasting gear with wisdom/intelligence/endurance because their 0pt will ensure them a passive which takes all spellcasting secondaries (spell power, spell crit, etc) and add it ontu their physical stats (spell power becomes +attack power, spell crit will be +phys crit)
    Thank you for this.. I was playing shaman/druid in beta, and was distressed that all the mail gear I was getting on quests was loaded with caster specs, which would have been out of line with my melee preference.
    So, I guess it's Cleric again as my first, since I also want the option to heal.

+ Reply to Thread