+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Whats more effective? Pure Vs Hybrid

Soulwalker

Default Whats more effective? Pure Vs Hybrid

Forgive me if this is already discussed and this is a repetitive question. But, Have people found being pure class (51 points) and the rest into one class, or leveling 2 or 3 equally to be the most effective?

Rift Master

Varies wildly from calling to calling and even some souls within callings.

Quote Originally Posted by zaneman05 View Post
    Forgive me if this is already discussed and this is a repetitive question. But, Have people found being pure class (51 points) and the rest into one class, or leveling 2 or 3 equally to be the most effective?
    Depends on your class. As you level 1 thru 35 it shouldn't matter much, at risk of gross over-generalization, hybrid specs are probably slightly better as you level.

At level 36/38 you have the possibility of unlocking your "main soul" root ability. Read that one carefully. For some Souls it might not be so good (like the Cleric Soul, Druid) but for some (like Sentinel or Inquisitor) it becomes *REALLY* good to go to 51 points.

Soulwalker

There is no "right" answer to this question. It has been asked a million times in a million different ways, about a million different classes/games.

I would also say it depends on what you intend to do and what your play style is.

Its easy for someone who likes to play a hybrid to say its way more effective because he likes to off-tank and heal (just an example) or for a dps player to say single spec is more effective.

What i would say is analyze the abilities of your class/souls and find what works for you. You may have to change your spec a few times. I know playing my rogue i spent a few shiny pennies trying new things until i found what works for me, and when I did it just clicked. My dps spiked, my deaths plummeted and things just moved smoothly.
    Subparhealer / Hellbent / Trajaedy / Rogueagent
    Guild Co-Leader: Subpar
    Recruiting slogan: Denied! Why? Its not that we dont like you... we dont like anyone.
    ----- Recruits to date who passed the test: 5 ------
    -RIFT / Faemist / Defiant-

Champion of Telara

in pve, pure.

in pvp, hybrid.

+ Reply to Thread