+ Reply to Thread

Thread: List of Quickest Solo PvE Builds from 1-25? Downtime and Ease of button pressing?

Plane Touched

Post List of Quickest Solo PvE Builds from 1-25? Downtime and Ease of button pressing?

I apologise if this is yet another of those "quick levelling build" threads.

In my opinion, how fast/easy a build is depends on the following:

1) Downtime and Sustainable DPS
    - No point spending gold/plat on consumables.
    - Dying regularly reduces kill speed.
    - Killing at Justicar or Chloromancer speed is not an option.

2) Buttons mashing
    - Having to type/mash buttons faster than a typist proficiency exam candidate seems to be masochistic.

3) Gear independence
    - Most probably, going to be stuck with Trash gear until end game.

Scanning through the forums seems to yield the following:

Feel free to correct me if my info gathered is incorrect

Mage
    1) Elem/Chloro
    -Let pet tank, heal the pet.
    -Won't get spectacular dmg, but has ok survivability.
    -Fewest buttons mashing

2) Necro/Warlock
    -Level 1-12 is a chore because the 1st necro pet is not a tank pet

Rogue
    -If anyone care to enlighten me because I didn't research on a rogue.

Cleric
    1) Justicar/Sentinel
    - After Level 5, it's a real bore with subpar DPS, although you have survivability.

2) Inquisitor/Cabalist
    - Good for AOE but has mad button mashing because you need to dot up the mobs one by one.

3) Shaman/Druid or Druid/Shaman
    - Seems to be a "whack until mob dies or you need to heal up" build.
    - Good for single targets

Warrior
    1) Post-nerf Riftblade/Void Knight
    - Not sure how this goes

2) Reaver / Paladin
    - Hell slow before Level 21 because your self healing can't keep up with the mob damage and you're doing subpar dmg

3) Riftblade/BM
    - Pet tanks, Flame spear until mob dies

4) Champion/Warlord or Paragon/Champion/Warlord
    - Seems popular

Rift Disciple

Archon hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurumsolis View Post
    Rogue
    -If anyone care to enlighten me because I didn't research on a rogue.
    I hear that Bard and Bard/Riftstalker are both pretty quick and painless to level.

Plane Touched

Ranger for rogues, the pet is pretty valuable 1-27 and then again if you spec deep ranger
    Last edited by Whompy; 02-24-2011 at 04:52 AM.

I went Ranger/NB/Assass in OB - and leveling speed was pretty nuts. I had a very small risk of dying as long as I kept the pet heal going.

It was pretty OP imo.
    Looking for a Hardcore PvP / PvE Gaurd Guild - EST

Send me a PM!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Whompy View Post
    Ranger for rogues, the pet is pretty valuable 1-27 and then again if you spec deep ranger
    Take Ranger for the pet. Second soul you take is Bard and after that it really doesn't matter. Pretty much put all your points into bard and "4 extra" into Ranger for another way to heal your pet.

There is no downtime.. sure you can still die but you have to work at it or try "silly things" (some of the most fun things to do). You can also still "add" benefits to a grouping situation while "solo spec'd"

The only Mage spec I much liked was Necro/Warlock. I tried Warlock with Chloro for the aoe and didn't do as well with it. I'm sure it works for others. Necro the one ability that let's you heal you/pet while doing damage was why I liked it and never running out of mana.

Can't really say on Cleric or Warrior.

Soulwalker

Any character that properly uses a pet will be easier to level. Just send in the pet first and cast the pet heal when needed and you will usually have few problems. I know that the Beastmaster has a pet heal and the ability to increase the pet's agro so that the pet takes most of the damage. There also doesn't seem to be a penalty if the pet dies.

After 20, sin primary is super fast.

Stealth between mobs, open with paralyzing strike, go to town. Your leeching poison will keep you near 100% hp.

Also, any class that can stealth will level faster than one who can't because you can bypass random aggro in the game and go straight to your quest mobs.

Shadowlander

Default warrior REALLY?

Beastmaster is great for leveling but thats because you can heal yourself and honnestly the damage is pretty neat but that pet can't tank. I tried it at level 30 with the "tanking stance" for the pet and it gets wrecked and you still pull agro at times. Meaning your whole lol flamespear (which won't do great damage) while the pet tanking is so flawed. Secondly the void/riftblade was a horrible leveling spec since fiery burst did more damage than the discharge or what it was called. Only reason it might do more damage back in the days was because there was a so called warrior tallent that increased it's dmg by like 24%.

Warrior = Reaver / Riftblade / BM (free 0 point pet)

Not the most single target DPS but great AoE ability (even at low level with 1 point at level 6 in Plaguebringer). You're not reliant on any gear (because it's all DoTs), you have self-healing (no downtime), shield / plate.

As for ease of button pressing you can make macros for most of it. Stuff like

/cast Plague Bringer
    /cast Soul Sickness
    /cast Blood Fever
    /cast Necrotic Wounds

etc.

Then have one for finishers np.

Get BM first for pet, then Riftblade to 10 (for Avatar of Wind) then Reaver all the way.
    Last edited by ZuKii; 02-24-2011 at 06:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    ...any class that can stealth will level faster than one who can't because you can bypass random aggro in the game and go straight to your quest mobs.
    I'll start by saying I haven't played a lot of MMO's, just about 2yrs (of a not-to-be-named MMO) with a Rogue. But I do know for sure that statement Ashnazo made is true to an extent.

It's about 15% of the time when a quest requires you to get to a point/get item/kill thing, rather than kill the mobs on the way there, as a part of another quest anyway.

I also know that I leveled a Rogue to a few ticks short of 25 in the Rift beta (the last 2) and put all but about 3-5 points in Sin and I found that around level 15 I started fighting mobs 3 and sometimes 4 levels above mine. I don't know if that's normal or not but didn't seem to be when I asked in chat.

For me, I'm here for the game play. The only reason I'm excited to level is to unlock another ability. I'm not racing to the end just to raid or pvp.
    "It is said that the civilized man seeks out good and intelligent company, so that by learned discourse, he may rise above the savage, and be closer to God. Personally, however, I like to start the day with a total d1ckh3@d to remind me that I'm best." - Lord Edmund Blackaddar

Soulwalker

Regarding Rogue Spec

MM/Assassin/Ranger

Put most points in MM and use Ranger just for the pet tank.

Solid, no down time leveling. Has speed boost from MM for fast travel times between mobs. Pet + speed will bail you out of a lot of deaths. Range+ run speed+ pet makes for fast questing.

Bard + anything

Bard is a little slower on dps but is damn hard to kill due to self healing. In group play is where Bard really shines because of AOE buffs and heals.

This is reflective of my experience in beta up to level 25.
    Last edited by Fourdogs; 02-24-2011 at 07:03 AM. Reason: spelling

+ Reply to Thread