+ Reply to Thread

Thread: bard lvling spec

Soulwalker

Default bard lvling spec

can anyone link a good leveling spec for bard.

I found that ranger/bard/nightblade was nice for low level.

First 5 points in bardic inspiration to extand duration of motifs
    Next 3 points in invigorated soul to make cadence a heal
    Any spare points go into nightblade blazing fury to increase the damage of cadence

That is pretty much the basis for your bard sorted and it then just comes down to personal choice/what you find works (It's so inexpensive at low level that respeccing to find a build that works is extremely easy)
    Marleigh - Rogue - 36/20/20 Assassin/Riftstalker/Bladedancer
    Cyna - Mage - Necro/Elementalist
    Butch - Warrior - Warlord/Champion 'Perfect Solo'
    Harleigh - Cleric - Full Druid with a hint of Shaman
    Light Knights Multi Gaming Community

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by markww View Post
    I found that ranger/bard/nightblade was nice for low level.

First 5 points in bardic inspiration to extand duration of motifs
    Next 3 points in invigorated soul to make cadence a heal
    Any spare points go into nightblade blazing fury to increase the damage of cadence

That is pretty much the basis for your bard sorted and it then just comes down to personal choice/what you find works (It's so inexpensive at low level that respeccing to find a build that works is extremely easy)
    is bard your secondary

Soulwalker

anyone else.

Rift Chaser

Bard isn't excatly lvling soul, it's a support soul so you're asking for something quite difficult. I played assassin/ranger/bard in 5 betas. Had something like this http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...sb0eokooz.Ec0c
    Last edited by Snugglewuggle; 02-24-2011 at 05:32 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Snugglewuggle View Post
    Bard isn't excatly lvling soul, it's a support soul so you're asking for something quite difficult. I played assassin/ranger/bard in 5 betas. Had something like this http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...sb0eokooz.Ec0c
    Ive seen a ton of posts with people saying they lvling bard as main with ranger/rift nightblade as supports.

just looking for exact spec

Rift Disciple

Ranger for pet to tank, and ranged damage when you don't need to heal (your motiff of healing will cover most of the dmg your pet takes anyway). Bard gives you and your group buffs and heals when needed (particularly handy at rifts). They go well together. Here's a quick build I threw up to give you a guide. You might want to not go as deep in one of the main trees and pickup nightblade some for the stealth ability instead, but hey its up to you. This'll get you started. ;)

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...qz.E0sfzxoso0z

Soulwalker

I prefer something like this (pulled from another thread from yesterday): http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...0oM.iczq0Vszqz

I like keeping the primary tree as bard. It's my opinion that your early points in the secondary tree should be put into Blazing Fury, then Coup De Grace. I think this should give you significant boost to the DPS you're doing from the Bard tree.

Rift Disciple

Suggestion -
    When you create your character, do NOT pick Bard as your 1st soul. If you do, the odds are you will die at least once in the starting area.

Reasoning: Bard has no 'real' offensive or defensive abilities abilities when they start out. So they can not DPS or outlast their targets.

So pick another soul at character creation and then grab the Bard soul as your 2nd or third. Then as you level, you can put the points into your Bard soul.

Rift Disciple

Strange, I found leveling Bard as first soul, extra points in Nightblade (and Riftstalker as third, just for the teleport) leveled quite easily. The newbie zone is pretty much a cakewalk no matter what, and when you get out of it, you are already putting points into the cadence healing and doing just dandy.

Bard as a main soul can level fast due to cadence -> power chord giving you 5 combo points in 3 seconds.

Just get a strong finisher.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Yogi Bear View Post
    I prefer something like this (pulled from another thread from yesterday): http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...0oM.iczq0Vszqz

I like keeping the primary tree as bard. It's my opinion that your early points in the secondary tree should be put into Blazing Fury, then Coup De Grace. I think this should give you significant boost to the DPS you're doing from the Bard tree.
    During beta, I played 2 versions always with Bard as my first tree. I rarely if ever died. Cadence was such a nice ability with the Combo Points being used for Coda. The only time I died is getting swarmed by 3 or more mobs which is probably a task for any character.

I was planning on using something like this for early leveling.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0McpV.xc.Vhbh

basically just out tanking any of the low level missions by using cadence spam/rift scavenger, all with boosted recovery and a very large pool of health, with increased endurance and health from good health, fanfare of vigor, planebound resilience and great fortitude.

Probably put ranger for third soul for a pet
    Last edited by JerkSauce; 02-24-2011 at 07:45 AM.

+ Reply to Thread