+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mage and Warrior (Just some chat while we wait)

Shadowlander

Default Mage and Warrior (Just some chat while we wait)

So I saw a few posts floating around about "What should I play" yadda yadda. I know this question can't truely be answered due to two very big things 1) With it JUST being released, there is probably still lots of room for nerfs (Changes) and soul reworking 2) A lot of this game will have to do with play style (I feel) and therefore, can't be decided by others

With that said, I really am drawn between the Necromancer and the Reaver.

Reavers seem very fun due to their self healing, and as it stands right now with Soul Feast, Soul Devour and Grisly works.

Necromancers appeal to me because I've always been a fan of pet classes (I know, Reaver could throw in Beastmaster and have a pet, but it's just not the same) where your pet is a huge source of your own damage/utility/healing etc etc. I'm not sure how strong the pets are however, and if they'd be good at leveling solo and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Damion View Post
    1) With it JUST being released, there is probably still lots of room for nerfs (Changes) and soul reworking.
    There will always be room for nerfs(Changes). Even games that have been around for 10 years are still having balance/class change patches.

If someone believes that their class will be left alone and is "complete" they are in for a ride

And I agree, it's stupid to ask someone else what you would prefer. Only way he would know the answer is if he/she can read minds.

If you pick class/race etc. judging on looks and "fun-2-play" factor you will not be disappointed. No class will be left "gimp" forever. And neither will a class be left "OP".

Necro pet > BM pet just to get the chat going :>

Shadowlander

Yea, I've just always been such an alt *****. I'm hoping with diversity of the souls and so many routes to take that I will be a soul *****, which is much better.

I'll dissect things a little bit, just for fun

Warriors: I enjoy tanking, usually instances and stuff where I can pull a lot of things and just manage aggro and self healing. Ofcourse I make sure my healer is up to par and ready to heal their butts off. I'm not the type to pull more than I (we) can handle, because of ego and wipe us all. I have never really enjoyed raid tanking (Though that could change) for PvP I've always had trouble being a melee class because it seemed like heals are always so sparse. But maybe if I had the survivability baked in, it wouldn't be so bad.

Mages: rDPS in all forms has always been fun for me, especially when the class has a healthy amount of "outs" to escape when things get to nasty. Pet classes are great because it makes it so you can solo with the best (at least, that's how my experience has been on most MMOs) Pure casters, historically from what I've seen just can't solo the big mobs, usually do to A) running out of mana B) mobs immune to snares, stuns etc etc. The one draw back for casters for me is I sometimes miss being in the fray with arms flailing and really looking at my surroundings and goin' all out.

I'm in such a pickle ><

Rift Disciple

I tried reaver from about 13-20. It was ok (and my gear wasn't spectacular) but I wasn't super impressed. I think some souls age better than they start. I ended up going to a beastmaster/champ spec and leveling became a lot faster/easier. My pet tanks, it has a heal, and I dps MUCH faster. handled chain adds or groups of extras a lot better too.

+ Reply to Thread