+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What I've learned from the Rift trailer

Shadowlander

Default What I've learned from the Rift trailer

NOTE: Just some last minute fun before launch, don't take it too seriously. Here are a few observations of this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhAjTUiHOQU

- Defiants have a higher population, but aren't too bright. It's 2 vs 1, but the Guardian still comes out on top. Mage: "I guess I can just let you open that rift..." Warrior: "OMG. We should totally stand here and watch it open too." Meanwhile, the Guaridan tip-toes to safety. If it was that easy for him to get out of the way, why didn't they?

- Warriors are mostly bark over bite. His initial lunge is hardcore, but his axe gets stuck in the ground. At least the War hits the ogre... but it doesn't even bleed! The War gets all beefed up for revenge, but after all the hype, the ogre pummels him senseless. Thanks alot, heals!! Which brings us to my next observation:

- No one plays clerics

- Mages are glass without the cannon. The Rogue flings his fire arrows from super far away, while the Mage has to use her ice q-tips at close range. Her cc leaves something to be desired as well. The Rogue can instantly snare her with some vine arrow... but she has to channel a spray spell, which doesn't even root her target. Alas, the ogre flings her across the battlefield before long. D.O.A, bless her heart.

- Rogues are OP! Not only is this guy able to outmaneuver and outperform two people at once, he ONE shots the ogre, instantly closing an entire Life Rift by himself. Not to mention, his rift opens instantly, but the mages' took like 2 mins to work.
    Last edited by Aqualad; 02-24-2011 at 01:40 AM.

I <3 this post.

Rift Master

Well duh, Guardians aren't chosen for their beliefs, they're chosen for being bad***es, defiants are chosen for their beliefs.

And of course rogues are OP, it gets the kiddies playing...

(all in good fun of course)

Wow, I've learned a lot from this post,

this proves all the conspiracy theories.

Rift Disciple

Here's what I learnt from the first zone, The guardian NPCs are so stupid, you have to swim out to them and tell them not to drown before they'll swim to shore. :P

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualad View Post
    NOTE: Just some last minute fun before launch, don't take it too seriously. Here are a few observations of this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhAjTUiHOQU

- Defiants have a higher population, but aren't too bright. It's 2 vs 1, but the Guardian still comes out on top. Mage: "I guess I can just let you open that rift..." Warrior: "OMG. We should totally stand here and watch it open too." Meanwhile, the Guaridan tip-toes to safety. If it was that easy for him to get out of the way, why didn't they?

- Warriors are mostly bark over bite. His initial lunge is hardcore, but his axe gets stuck in the ground. At least the War hits the ogre... but it doesn't even bleed! The War gets all beefed up for revenge, but after all the hype, the ogre pummels him senseless. Thanks alot, heals!! Which brings us to my next observation:

- No one plays clerics

- Mages are glass without the cannon. The Rogue flings his fire arrows from super far away, while the Mage has to use her ice q-tips at close range. Her cc leaves something to be desired as well. The Rogue can instantly snare her with some vine arrow... but she has to channel a spray spell, which doesn't even root her target. Alas, the ogre flings her across the battlefield before long. D.O.A, bless her heart.

- Rogues are OP! Not only is this guy able to outmaneuver and outperform two people at once, he ONE shots the ogre, instantly closing an entire Life Rift by himself. Not to mention, his rift opens instantly, but the mages' took like 2 mins to work.
    You forgot that John Wayne does the voice overs for all warriors.

Here's what I learned from that video: Don't bring your Stormcaller build to PvP

If she had swapped out for lock, pyro, or chloro the outcome would have likely been way different.

Also: Stealth FTW

I learned the popularity of Defiants is so overwhelming that the devs had to put in a video full of holes to get people to play Guardians.

Default Nice lighthearted read

Pretty funny Aqualad.

As for Grixxitt, I play a Rogue and agree with this message.
    "It is said that the civilized man seeks out good and intelligent company, so that by learned discourse, he may rise above the savage, and be closer to God. Personally, however, I like to start the day with a total d1ckh3@d to remind me that I'm best." - Lord Edmund Blackaddar

Stop the Rogue Hate!

Soulwalker

Hello, my name is Schlumpeter, and I approve of this message.

+ Reply to Thread