+ Reply to Thread

Thread: X versus X/Y or X/Y/Z

Shadowlander

Default X versus X/Y or X/Y/Z

Is it generally better to build as a hybrid rather than using all your points for one subclass/soul?

I notice almost all threads talk about (for example) Pyromancer/Elementalist/Warlock or Pyromancer/Warlock rather than just Pyromancer.

When I look at the talent calculator it looks like it would be more fun to fully immerse myself in one class rather than spreading out the points, but is this considered a bad move?

Just curious. Thanks for any help!

Quote Originally Posted by ISpeakJapanese View Post
    Is it generally better to build as a hybrid rather than using all your points for one subclass/soul?

I notice almost all threads talk about (for example) Pyromancer/Elementalist/Warlock or Pyromancer/Warlock rather than just Pyromancer.

When I look at the talent calculator it looks like it would be more fun to fully immerse myself in one class rather than spreading out the points, but is this considered a bad move?

Just curious. Thanks for any help!
    well the thing is even if you fully immerse yourself in one role there is 15 extra points that you get as you are levelling up that you have to put into secondaries. So generally people discuss builds a lot as xy or xyz, even if you have a relatively pure build. I think there are definitely benefits to taking some classes to a high level though a lot of great abilites come out in later trees, but also there are usually a few abilities that make sense to trade out too for some of the lower level grabs you can get.
    Last edited by Inixia; 02-23-2011 at 10:06 PM.

I think it's kind of hard to say, yet. Certain archetypes will likely benefit less from going heavy into any one particular soul than others. Also, keep in mind you can't really stick to only one soul, as you'll have 15 points left over at max level even if you completely max out any given soul, so they need to go somewhere.

If I had to guess, I think it is unlikely that optimized PvP builds will ever really go 51 points into any soul. I think it is more likely that there will be some specialized PvE builds that will work well doing so.

Shadowlander

I totally didn't realize you have 15 extra points even if you go fully into one soul. Thanks for the clarification. Correct me if I'm wrong, but max level is 60, right?

I'm a total newbie. I didn't play in beta or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by ISpeakJapanese View Post
    I totally didn't realize you have 15 extra points even if you go fully into one soul. Thanks for the clarification. Correct me if I'm wrong, but max level is 60, right?

I'm a total newbie. I didn't play in beta or anything.
    Maximum level is 50. You will have 66 points to spend when you hit 50, and each soul has exactly 51 possible points you can spend in it, which will unlock the final ability for that soul.

Shadowlander

Thank you for the clarification ^^

+ Reply to Thread