+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Class + souls recommendation

Soulwalker

Default Class + souls recommendation

I only managed to play RiFT the last weekend of open beta, and loved it! Especially riftstalker bladedancer / bard combo for some sweet tanking ( was playing a lot with a friend, who was a mage with a healing soul offspec.

To the point; As a paladin in WoW, i enjoy the self heals when needed, aswell as the "tanky" part of the class... Riftstalker was fine, although saving combo points for heals was a bit of a drag some times.

What class + souls would you recommend for a melee toon?

a dps spec and a tank spec.

Thanks! and good luck in 12 hours!

If you like the wow paladin, you could try tanking as a cleric. The preferred soul choices are typically Justicar/Shaman/Druid. But you could replace druid with a healing soul if you prefer. The druid pet is decent for 0 talent points at lower levels, but after level 30, it will probably lose value.

Warden is good for a 3rd soul because it has many instant cast HOTs so you can self-heal without interrupting your tanking. Otherwise, Sentinel for aoe heals, which will also give you quite a bit of threat when you heal your party in combat, although you might have to go deeper into the Sentinel tree for that.

Something like this for a tanking build with a bit of healing thrown in.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...uksqeezoo.x0xb
    I was just messing around with the talent choices. I'm not saying this is the best way to go, modify it as you like.
    Last edited by Sylvan; 02-23-2011 at 11:03 PM.

Soulwalker

sweet! thanks matey!

+ Reply to Thread