+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Laziest Solo Leveling Class & Souls?

Shadowlander

Default Laziest Solo Leveling Class & Souls?

In beta I realized I can play a few days a week, but generally if I play trackball-only, meaning all clicks, no keyboard. (Long story. Okay not long, just irrelevant.)

I was able to do this as a Warlock/Elementalist/Dom Mage and a Shaman/Druid/Warden Cleric, but I'm looking for something else from what I did in beta. I'd like "speed", sure, but what I need is "safe" and steady. Something that doesn't need a bunch of management to make work.

Anyone have any ideas?

Soulwalker

Saboteur/ranger

You only need like 3 buttons
    Splinter Shot, Blast Charge, Detonate

Shadowlander

Aha, sounds like fitting the bill. Hm, for a third... could pick up MM for kicks, or maybe bard because dangit I think it's fun to throw a few points in and it sounds like it won't matter anyway...

Bard has two early attack abilities that give you 5 combo points for two button clicks (or mouse clicks).
    Cadence (dmg attack) is channeled for 2 secs and gives 3 combo points, Power Chord (dmg attack) is about 8-10 points into the tree and is an instant giving 2 combo points.

2 abilities for 5 combo points. Very fast way to get your finishers off and they are usable from up to 20 meters range.

This would be an excellent soul to combo with Ranger/Sab.

Not to mention that for a few more points, you can make Cadence also heal you and your group/raid for 100% damage done by Cadence. Adding to your survivability and helping your mates.
    "I came here like this so you'll know my word of death is true. And that my word of life is then true."
    - The Outlaw Josey Wales
    -------------------------------------

Shadowlander

I actually haven't played seriously with bard, but you've convinced me. It's not that I can't ever play "for real" and group, so I could have a group support build, as well. Bonus.

Soulwalker

Maybe what you need is a link to a good keyboard? haha I jest.

But to be honest I don't think any class is really that easy, sure at the moment sabs are because it's a good game, but aren't rogues a bit squishy? I mean if you pull more than you intended then it could get messy.

Clerics are not that bad, good survivability, self heals when the going gets tough, but actually I think lock is pretty good from my experience, you're healing yourself and killing at the same time, although I did die a lot more on my mage than my cleric in rifts for some reason (god I hate those goblins >_<...5hrs...I'm coming for you goblins!)

But I don't think mages can tank atm
    Last edited by Interstella; 02-24-2011 at 05:08 AM.

Champion of Telara

you can just macro every shaman ability on the same hotkey and spam 1 button, only time you ever need a second button is if you pull too many and need to actually heal yourself.

Telaran

Reaver is pretty durable. Get talents that make Soul Sickness to heal, makes dots multiple targets and any damage reduction, extra healing skills (ex on a mob kill). Sword and board it as you want to balance the combat where healing > damage in. You can easily take on 3 or less mobs. Not very flashy but very reliable. Toss in other souls for extra DPS like beastmaster for extra pet dps.

Shadowlander

Default Quest Complete!

Just wanted to report that Bard/Ranger/Sab has been working great. Got to level 12 pretty quickly the first day in just a few hours, though admittedly some of that I was able to actually focus and play "for real". Plus it is DANG fun.

I started up a warrior too going Beast/Rift/Champ(0) and that's going well. I've only played her seriously with keyboard and all though so I keep pulling aggro... I'll respond after I've played her "the lazy way" and sew up the thread with feedback on that for Search Result bingo!

If you go cleric go Justicar till 12 pts (you start self healing at 6) then spend pts in Shaman as main, and Purifier as 3rd is a good choice for the shield.

It is not fast but it has insane survavibility, pluss you can off-tank in case or just do a very nice group healing.

After 20-22 you can respec into Inq/Just(always at 12 for Purpose) and start pewpew levelling. As 3rd soul pick what you are confortable. Purifier is great for shield, Sentinel integrates very well for convictions building, and spending 11 pts in it you can rise your dps quite much, but is expensive.
    Mage 50 (fresh/parked) / Warrior 50 (beginning T1/parked) / Rogue 50 (beginning T1/active) / Cleric 50 (fresh/parked)

Soulwalker

Slowest levers are mages,they suck.can only take on 1 at a time and if you get hit hard enough you'll spend more time at the res post than actually in game.

Rift Disciple

bard ranger marksman is just as good as bard ranger saboteur. You just use the ranger pet to tank, the bard skills Cadence and Power Chord to charge and the marksman finishers. Its the fastest way I have found to kill in PvE.

In PvP what saboteurs bring is spike damage - healers can't do anything about it. You want the charges then but not so much for PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by zonzai View Post
    bard ranger marksman is just as good as bard ranger saboteur. You just use the ranger pet to tank, the bard skills Cadence and Power Chord to charge and the marksman finishers. Its the fastest way I have found to kill in PvE.

In PvP what saboteurs bring is spike damage - healers can't do anything about it. You want the charges then but not so much for PvE.
    As a Bard your Coda of Wrath would do a bit more damage than your Detonate unless you went pretty high into the Saboteur Tree, like Tier 3 or 4. So unless you are Saboteur, Bard, Ranger (0) I don't think this is quite accurate. You would ahve to be using Blast Charge + Detonate to see a measurable difference in damage, and if you are doing that then you aren't using Cadence to heal yourself.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by gel214th View Post
    As a Bard your Coda of Wrath would do a bit more damage than your Detonate unless you went pretty high into the Saboteur Tree, like Tier 3 or 4. So unless you are Saboteur, Bard, Ranger (0) I don't think this is quite accurate. You would ahve to be using Blast Charge + Detonate to see a measurable difference in damage, and if you are doing that then you aren't using Cadence to heal yourself.
    I'm not sure how that relates to my post.

We're talking about leveling not making end-game PvP speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by zonzai View Post
    In PvP what saboteurs bring is spike damage - Bad healers can't do anything about it. You want the charges then but not so much for PvE.
    I Feexed eet.
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet. And this is coming from a DPS.
    http://forumwatch.riftideas.com/ *Credit to Meritt*
    Ever heard of Mumble? It's like Vent & Skype had a kid!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast