+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone else stuck between the two choices?

Default Anyone else stuck between the two choices?

I cant make up my mind if i wanna go warrior or rogue...

I love playing rogue in every mmo, i love the ability to sneak attack and the game play assassin offers, however i really hate how weak it is in this game...Really pointless to play a melee rogue at this stage of the game.

I love how warriors are godly in pvp but i really dont like being the front man in the battle...

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by herlpderp View Post

I love playing rogue in every mmo, i love the ability to sneak attack and the game play assassin offers, however i really hate how weak it is in this game...Really pointless to play a melee rogue at this stage of the game.

I love how warriors are godly in pvp but i really dont like being the front man in the battle...
    Mage of course.

Champion of Telara

rogues have always been chicken **** whiner **** who sneak around and if they can't kill someone 5 seconds out of stealth they cry.

warriors on the other hand, are not.

Soulwalker

Funny i feel the exact opposite.

if you think melee rogue are gimp your doing something wrong...try night blade assassin

Yeah not really sure why you think melee rogue is weak. NB is pretty beasty.

And warrior doesn't have to be the front man in a battle, Riftblade builds are ranged.

Quit whining and get to it!

I know exactly what I want, better hurry.

Rift Disciple

same. cant decide between rolling a DPS warrior or melee rogue (find ranger/mm boring and too easy)

Quote Originally Posted by Dastone View Post
    Funny i feel the exact opposite.

if you think melee rogue are gimp your doing something wrong...try night blade assassin
    nightblade isnt a meele rogue, lol. I feel like cheating playing that class.

Also i know rifblade warrior is range, thats the only reason i would roll a warrior, some sort of rb/vk/x combo..

Soulwalker

Default Just decide

This early in a game I would not base your decision on which class is OP right now, the rate that things change every class will have its turn. Just play what you will have the most fun with... which to me sounds like you prefer rogue!

Telaran

Also keep in mind that warriors range attacks only have a 20 yard range vs the 40 range of other archetypes. And Riftblades and champions were just nerfed pretty hard, and that is following the nerf of voids a little while ago.

So many people are picking the rogue class because of its versatility. Melee stealth with poisons, range attacks and a pet, support heals and buffs, best pvp burst soul, and the best tanking soul of any archetype (at least until level 30). Melee rogues really don't become that great until you hit the 20s.

Ultimately choose what class you think you will enjoy playing the most, and if it turns out you don't like it, just reroll.

I can't decide between bard or Inquisitor... For my first i will of course make both at some point

RGz
    Soulwalker

call me crazy, but im stuck between mage, cleric, and warrior...

rogues are shady...

RIFT Fan Site Operator

I'm stuck between Mage and Warrior. I have builds made for both. Just... cant... decide

+ Reply to Thread