+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question about some of the souls

Soulwalker

Default Question about some of the souls

I played a Chloro in beta and while it was fun and unique I could see myself getting bored of it pretty quickly. Now I hate playing dps in MMO's. I always go either tank, heal, or a full support role. My favorite MMO class of all time I would say is the bard from FFXI. Next one would be my resto shaman in wow. Could never find a class I liked in warhammer which is one of the reasons I stopped playing and also found the tempest of set very fun in aoc. Aion was just trash period and nothing was really fun.

I tried out bards in beta but for some reason I didn't find them as fun as FFXI but it was probably because Rift does not have a skill chain system and you do not have to separate the group like I had to in FFXI. So that leaves a cleric. I like healers that are in the middle of healing bomb type classes and hot type. Now from what I can tell shamans are not a healing soul and druids look like they might be the ticket but do not like the fact that they depend on their fairy.

What soul am I looking for?

Prophet of Telara

clerics don't have a full support role afaik. some of the souls have a buff or two thrown in them for a mix but that's it.

also they have 3 healing souls each of them specializing in an aspect. 1 for hots, 1 for bomb heals and aoe heals, and 1 for single target healing and shields.

druid offers a bit of support but it's mainly a mix of melee dps/pet/bit of support class.

for a full support character, if you didn't like the bard, i would advice you to look at the archon .Although i haven't played one, with the mix of his auras and debuffs seems more like something that you are looking for. Through in some points to cholo for added support through a bit of a healinf and you are set.
    Last edited by shroudb; 02-23-2011 at 04:21 PM.

Soulwalker

Is there a soul combo similar to a resto shaman in that it offers very good raid healing but also offers support in form of buffs?

Vyv

Quote Originally Posted by Jigglybuff View Post
    Is there a soul combo similar to a resto shaman in that it offers very good raid healing but also offers support in form of buffs?
    No, not really. Utility/buffing is one area where Clerics don't really have a role set aside.

On the healing front, Wardens provide the HoTs (with some other healing tricks), Sentinels have spike heals and decent AE heal, Purifiers have shields and good direct heals.

Justicars are the tank-type soul, with some healing.

Druids and Shamans are melee DPS.

Inquisitor and Cabalist, magic/ranged DPS, with Cabalist more focused on AEs.

My opinion, for raid healer builds look to combining Warden with either Sentinel or Purifier to fit your style/taste in healing. But for good healing output, you'll likely need to commit most to all of your soul points into pure healing souls leaving little to no room for diversity with anything else.

Most of the Cleric souls have some form of buff or debuff or rudimentary CC, but nowhere near enough to really think of them as a buffing or utility class in my opinion. Rogues and Mages get most of that.
    Vyv ~ Defiant Cleric

+ Reply to Thread