+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cant decide, HELP!

Default Cant decide, HELP!

Necro/ Lock/ Dom or Inq/ Cab/ Sent at launch......argh............

Pick whichever your guild has less of, might make it easier to decide
    Main Character: Chranos - Cleric, Shatterbone

It is nice to have so many options, but it sure is stressful to pick the right class on release. I have never played a game where I still didn't know what I would make a month before release. Now, with 20 hours to go, I still am not sure which class to pick.

There are a lot of these threads all of a sudden!

Shadowlander

im going thru the exact same dilemma with the same exact souls lol

wish i could help ya

Plane Touched

Personally, I thought that Inquisitor/Cabalist was rather redundant when I tried it out in beta. Cabalist has too many damage spells as it is to really get much use out of without combining it with the Inqusitor. Which is a shame, because Maelstorm + Soul Drain could be epic. What's more, Sentinel wasn't all that great as a solo-supporting healing soul - at least I'd get some wards out of Purifier and easy to apply Hots out of Warden.

Necro/Lock/Dom is quite well-rounded: You've got a pet, self-sustaining spells (heals and mana recovery) and crowd control for when the going gets tough.

That said, while I'll probably play a Mage at release, I haven't quite made up my mind between Mage and Cleric in general. The former has some neat tricks up its sleeve and overall better DPS, while the latter has far thicker skin for dealing with aggro and better overall ability to stop raids from wiping. Meh, I'll probably switch to the other after I get bored with one.
    Last edited by geldonyetich; 02-23-2011 at 02:33 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Albane View Post
    It is nice to have so many options, but it sure is stressful to pick the right class on release. I have never played a game where I still didn't know what I would make a month before release. Now, with 20 hours to go, I still am not sure which class to pick.
    Its because everyone has second thoughts (myself included) and dont want the chore of rerolling. Thankfully - as long as you pick the class type you ENJOY playing, you'll be set on everything else due to having access to 8 "classes" all within each.

Which is really amazing when you think about it. Most games, if you played an assassin and wanted to play a bard, you were in for a full reroll. Now, you have full flexibility.

Still - its tough to know what type you really like the best after a few short betas. Trion really pulled us in lol

+ Reply to Thread