+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Talent (Soul?) Points and Souls / General Info Request

Tza
    Soulwalker

Default Talent (Soul?) Points and Souls / General Info Request

Hello All,

I have several questions about a few topics. Please forgive me if I do not know the exact terminology.

My first question is in regards to "Talent/Soul" Points.

When playing around on the rift.zam site class builder; I keep running into numerous scenarios where there is a variance in total points available at level 50 (that is the cap right?). 51 66 etc.

So, what is the level cap, and how many total points are there at max level to spend?

Second; I have seen a video where there was the ability to swap between "specs" (sorry to steal a WoW term ><) on the fly, similar to the dual spec in WoW. Is this going live and are there any details about it?

Third; PVP Souls: Do these act as a 4th soul, or do they replace one of the others?

Fourth and last; I only had the chance to play Beta for about 3 hours. Needless to say I loved it and cannot wait til' Thursday. What confused me was the "xXxXxplacexXxxx is under attack by "Some Named baddie"? Are those the player spawned rifts, or are these separate events all together. I ask because I had 3 planarshards (?? cannot remember the name) on my character portrait, but I could not see any rifts on my map with the option ON to show them. What do I do with these?

Thank you in advance for any insights you may be able to share and helping the new guy get used to this amazing new world and community.

At level 50, you will have 66 total talent points. The "level 51" showing in ZAMs builder, is just kind of a glitch with the calculator. Basically you get 1 talent point eveyr level.. and every 3rd level you get a bonus talent point.

You can accumulate all 8 of your CALLINGs (warrior, rogue, cleric, mage) SOULS (Paladin, Riftblade, etc..) by doing quests, and with the PvP soul you can have 9 total. There are also ROLES, which you can eventually buy and have a total of 4. Within each ROLE, you can assign 3 souls to then spend your points in the trees. ROLES can be switched on the fly with a hotkey, as long as you are not in combat. It's pretty hard to explain, and make sure it's understood if you haven't actually seen it all in game, so here's a detailed description:
    In the newbie zone, you eventually do quests which allow you to choose 3 total of the 8 available SOULS. The other 5 SOULS can then be gotten by doing quests from the associated NPCs in your home city (Sanctum/Meridian) at approximately level 13. You can also buy the PvP soul from a quartermaster for 2500 favor (points gained in PvP).
    You start with 1 ROLE, the trainer of your CALLING type will sell you the other 3 once you accumulate enough cash. 2nd (30 gold), 3rd (about 3 plat), 4th (not sure.. 20platish?).
    Once you do all that you can then mix and match to make whatever suits you in different situations.
    I.E:
    Role 1: Paladin/Reaver/Riftblade -Tankie Guy
    Role 2: Champion/Warlord/Beastmaster -DPS Guy
    Role 3: Beastmaster/Warlord/RiftBlade -Ranged DPS/Support Guy
    Role 4: Something/Something/Vindicator -PvP Guy
    (note, I just randomly chose things for this.. you can do whatever the hell ya want.)

Those attack messages can either be a rift invasion of NPCs, or an opposing team of players attacking a towns wardstone.
    Planar shards are utilized via abilities bought using planarite. The abilities all you to buff your wardstones, call an invasion of NPCs to attack an opposing wardstone, strengthen yourself against rift opponents, and a few other things. You accumulate shards by closing rifts.
    Last edited by Byaahh; 02-23-2011 at 01:40 PM.
    <Byaahh>
    <Infensus>

Rift Disciple

1. Not really sure
    2. You can buy new "roles" at your trainer, and have a total of 4 roles which you can switch between on demand. All roles have 3 souls.
    3. The PVP soul is one of your 3 souls.
    4. Those are planar shards used to activate planar powers. I would say that the game is pretty easy to get in to, so just play for some more hours and everything will become clear in time.

ninja'd
    Last edited by ZeepaAan; 02-23-2011 at 01:36 PM.

^ pretty much what Byaahh said. I've got a beginners guide to soul/trees/callings etc though if you would like to take a look at it, might help clear up a few more things for you.

http://thisisnotarift.blogspot.com/2...this-game.html

Hope it helps =)
    Last edited by Miku; 02-23-2011 at 01:36 PM.

Tza
    Soulwalker

Thank you all.....this makes so much more sense now.

Always happy to help.
    <Byaahh>
    <Infensus>

Soulwalker

Thank you was very helpful

+ Reply to Thread