+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: WARRIOR class concerns. ETC.

Soulwalker

Default WARRIOR class concerns. ETC.

My only issues with the warrior class is that it's boring. It's extremely slow compared to: lets say a rogue class. I literally have found myself dozing off in my chair trying to play the warrior class. It's charge, swing swing -mob is dead- Rinse and repeat.

The main issue with this is that the warrior is SLOW, it swings slow, and the move motions are odd, I find that while I spamming moves on my warrior, it doesn't match up with the speed of my swings and the model movements end up being cut off mid way through my abilities.. this is an issue because I am warrior player at heart, and I CAN NOT decide which class to play because I'm stuck with having to play a class that would normally be my secondary class after I've leveled my warrior.

Oddly enough it seems the forums are riddled with people still not knowing what to play. I played all the betas but 1 & 2 CBT. I still can't decide and neither can my roommate.

To give you an example of how I feel model movements for melee esp. warriors should look and play like, Play Dragon Age 2 demo and play the warrior class (I know some supreme nerds will get all specific & upset about me referencing a different type of game). That's just one reference I'm not anywhere near saying you should copy and paste some idea from another game, but more so improve on them, make it unique "emphasize on other ideas". Warrior honestly isn't the only class that feels this way - Shaman.

I could reference other games all day, but I just played this last night and I just found this an immediate appeal for reference.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pwnmachine View Post
    My only issues with the warrior class is that it's boring. It's extremely slow compared to: lets say a rogue class. I literally have found myself dozing off in my chair trying to play the warrior class. It's charge, swing swing -mob is dead- Rinse and repeat.

The main issue with this is that the warrior is SLOW, it swings slow, and the move motions are odd, I find that while I spamming moves on my warrior, it doesn't match up with the speed of my swings and the model movements end up being cut off mid way through my abilities.. this is an issue because I am warrior player at heart, and I CAN NOT decide which class to play because I'm stuck with having to play a class that would normally be my secondary class after I've leveled my warrior.

Oddly enough it seems the forums are riddled with people still not knowing what to play. I played all the betas but 1 & 2 CBT. I still can't decide and neither can my roommate.

To give you an example of how I feel model movements for melee esp. warriors should look and play like, Play Dragon Age 2 demo and play the warrior class (I know some supreme nerds will get all specific & upset about me referencing a different type of game). That's just one reference I'm not anywhere near saying you should copy and paste some idea from another game, but more so improve on them, make it unique "emphasize on other ideas". Warrior honestly isn't the only class that feels this way - Shaman.

I could reference other games all day, but I just played this last night and I just found this an immediate appeal for reference.

Thanks
    If a MMO was like Rift and had the combat mechanics of that Dragon Age II demo, I'd **** myself and shell out money for pre-order faster than OJ ran from the murder scene.

Of course, Dragon Age II is a RPG... and Rift is a MMORPG.

Something needs three more letters put in around here.

DRAGON RIFT

Champion of Telara

i didn't play the da2 demo, but the first dragon age was stale and boring.

While Dragon Age is one of my favourite games ever it's simply not relevant here.

However I did find the Warrior boring for the most part.

Shadowlander

Must depend on what you are playing, as I've found warriors to be a bit more engaging than in most mmo's, especially moving towards a combo system, follow up attacks, ranged, melee, dots, dd, debuffs, pets, reactionaries, etc.

Overall I found warriors to be pretty fun to play, and pretty diverse in playstyles. I don't know about DA 2, but in DA1 they were pretty stale and ran on autopilot. You could try speccing triple tank spec, then you get 9+ debuffs and dots that need to be applied, though i bet you could make one long macro for that.

Still, if they are boring, I don't see any class in rift you will be playing and finding better. Maybe tweak out on energy drinks and play a rogue.

I rather like the Warrior system in this game. The pace of the GCD is a little slow, but that's made up for by the number of things to watch and the number of non-GCD skills... and you can count on always having something to do, no resource starvation issues

(The rogue's pretty neat as well of course)

Stale ability rotations sum up all classes in PvE. Do some PvP.

And fyi, da2 is better on 360.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ez View Post
    Stale ability rotations sum up all classes in PvE. Do some PvP.

And fyi, da2 is better on 360.
    We have a rotation? here i was thinking i just spam 1 but 10.

Rift Disciple

If you think the warrior clase is "Boring" then honestly you must think all MMOS are boring because its no different then WoW or Warhammer, you have a rotation that you pretty much stick too and thats bout it. And honestly imo the warrior in rift IS more engaging then say the warrior in WoW, you get the option of having a pet, you get the option of having some sick ranged DPS + what other warrior in a different game gets to throw firebolts like a mage :P

Thanks
    I like the warrior arch type but I agree. The class is clunky and slow. The gcd's are extremely long and thus slow and it gets annoying. I find myself wanting to do a lot of stuff but I have to sit there and watch and try to be calm and wait because it is all so slow. The gcd length is so slow I sometimes actually get stressed. I do not get stressed easily, but waiting is my weakness, I get stressed if I have to wait too long for things to happen.
    Because of that, I found rogue easier to play. Rogue to me has less things to do than a warrior so that is boring but I do not have to wait so long before I can make my next move.

Edit: Pvp was mentioned, does not matter, the action is still slow like hell for a warrior. Maybe I feel that way because mmo's is not the only game in town for me, but still, the long gcd, it's boring.
    Last edited by IceDread; 02-23-2011 at 05:20 PM.
    Defiant, since I trust in knowledge.
    Defiant, since religion is false.

Ascendant

That's why I PVE on a Paladin (champ and beast thrown in for damage). It has 2 reactive abilities and one not on GCD to juggle in there. Makes it a bit more interesting than say Champ, BM, Para, Reaver, Void... all a snooze fest.

Rift is also good. You can try kiting. Almost rogue-like. Again more variety.

Soulwalker

Thanks
    feel the same way

Rift Disciple

although i feel this way about most warrior souls, paragon is definantly not slow at all.

Soulwalker

Try Paragon imo

Rift Disciple

Use the in game Macro then it becomes 1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2 Oh wait ....more boring

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast