+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What do you think this game will need more of?

Soulwalker

Default What do you think this game will need more of?

Tanks or Healers?

Thats basically my problem right now as I cannot decide what to roll. I've got it down to between Riftblade tank and Chloromancer healer

I think I'd enjoy leveling as a rogue more then a mage, but thats a fairly short part of the game. Anyone have any suggestions or thoughts?

Cowbell...

the beauty of this game is that you arent limited in that way:

roll cleric or rogue, then you can be heals dps or tank and switch whenever you want

I'd say healers, Bards and Chloros are having a hard time solo healing instances so right now unless the Bards and Chloros get buffed a little, the main healers are going to be all clerics. Not all clerics are going to want to heal, some will want to dps and some will even want to tank. Tanks can be warriors or rogues giving more variety, and I think justicar got buffed a lot with the last beta so clerics will even be able to tank. Also from what I saw in beta 7, most groups were looking for healer and none were really looking for a tank. (I was playing a tank at the time and most groups already had tanks.)

The above poster is incorrect about chloromancers as I have healed the first three instances without issues as a chloro.

Bards are meant to be a support class... not main heal instances.
    Last edited by Dephcon; 02-23-2011 at 01:55 PM.
    I will accept that it's easier for you to just wait for a rez after a wipe if you accept that it's more mana effecient for me to just rez you after each pull...

while i agree with miku's analysis of the demographic, i'd say that you should roll the character you most want to play. I'm playing rogue, not because of what other people want or most often need, but because i love the variety and dynamism of playing a rogue.

if you're good at your role, groups will take you. if you're guilded, that's even more opportunities to get into groups. plus the 4 roles mean you're almost guaranteed to be doing something useful in one or another

I would advise you roll a character you like to play. You're going to be spending a lot of time with them, after all
    "They make a desert and they call it 'peace'"

Based on what you said, I'd say go rogue. #1, because you say you'd have more fun with it. Because that is why we play the game right? #2, A Riftblade tank is a very nice build, and if you want to play with heals you can always set up one of your roles with a Bard spec.
    <Byaahh>
    <Infensus>

Shadowlander

Riftblade tank? Or did you mean riftstalker? Cause the warrior soul riftblade isn't quite the tank spec 0.o I'd understand that more than likely, at low level instances it won't matter, especially if you can hold aggro, which won't be a big issue due to the riftblade damage, you'd still be making your healer's life a ***** 0.o

Champion of Telara

tanks, there's never enough tanks. the lazy warriors will be dpsing because they'll be using their general solo/pvp spec for everything. the dedicated tanks will be rare.

Yeah.. I meant Riftstalker. I always screw that up.. hehe. I was assuming when he said rogue that's what he meant.

Quote Originally Posted by pickled_heretic View Post
    tanks, there's never enough tanks. the lazy warriors will be dpsing because they'll be using their general solo/pvp spec for everything. the dedicated tanks will be rare.
    Hey.. I'm a warrior, and I play my Tanks spec 100% of the time.
    Last edited by Byaahh; 02-23-2011 at 02:05 PM.
    <Byaahh>
    <Infensus>

Quote Originally Posted by Byaahh View Post
    Yeah.. I meant Riftstalker. I always screw that up.. hehe. I was assuming when he said rogue that's what he meant.

Hey.. I'm a warrior, and I play my Tanks spec 100% of the time.
    Shadefallen Needs You!

Maybe my guild would keep you on retainer
    "They make a desert and they call it 'peace'"

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by AForgottenTome View Post
    Tanks or Healers?

Thats basically my problem right now as I cannot decide what to roll. I've got it down to between Riftblade tank and Chloromancer healer

I think I'd enjoy leveling as a rogue more then a mage, but thats a fairly short part of the game. Anyone have any suggestions or thoughts?
    There are 2 callings that can heal and 3 that can tank. The only calling that can do both is cleric, which is why i am rolling one.

Riftstalker(not Riftblade) for the rogue calling makes a great tank and is a lot of fun and chloromancers appears to be able to solo heal most of the dungeons that were in beta. In this case it should come down to which callings mechanics you enjoy more and what secondary options you want for your character.

Quote Originally Posted by Heimdall View Post
    Shadefallen Needs You!

Maybe my guild would keep you on retainer
    Heh.. I'm already spoken for, sorry.
    <Byaahh>
    <Infensus>

Personally I think the game needs more shapeshifting.. Like druids being able to shape shift into animals.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSniper View Post
    Personally I think the game needs more shapeshifting.. Like druids being able to shape shift into animals.
    how about bears being able to shapeshift into bears with chainsaws for hands?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast